Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2012 3.6R Limited Pearl White Satin
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not endorsing any dealer here, but I want to help anybody out there looking for a new OB to find a good deal. There is one (only one left) 2012 3.6R Limited basic, i.e. no Moonroof for 28.5k + Tax & fees at Subaru Livermore, CA.
MSRP is 33k, 4500 off is pretty good I think. I got the email on special from Ahmad.

·
Registered
2010 OB 3.6R limited
3,284 Posts
Not endorsing any dealer here, but I want to help anybody out there looking for a new OB to find a good deal. There is one (only one left) 2012 3.6R Limited basic, i.e. no Moonroof for 28.5k + Tax & fees at Subaru Livermore, CA.
MSRP is 33k, 4500 off is pretty good I think. I got the email on special from Ahmad.
Very good deal indeed. May even be cheaper than a 2.5CVT limited base (quote from other dealers)....

The only problem I see is when you get up to limited trim (and 3.6R on tip of that).... A lot of people want the (factory) Moonroof....
They can go without Nav...etc....

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very good deal indeed. May even be cheaper than a 2.5CVT limited base (quote from other dealers)....

The only problem I see is when you get up to limited trim (and 3.6R on tip of that).... A lot of people want the (factory) Moonroof....
Maybe most people do. I actually wanted the non-Moonroof one, but the problem is I also want a back-up camera, which one come with the moonroof. So I ended up only get 3k off MSRP :(, which I think 500 bucks too much.

·
Banned
238 Posts
It's only $500 less ($29K) than what I was quoted to pay for 2013 3.6R Limited base model, to which I then added additional packages for extra $3K

·
Registered
2012 Outback Limited, 2.5i
38 Posts
I say thats a great deal. I just bought a 2012 OB Limited 2.5 with moonroof for $28700 out the door. The 3.6R was at least another 3K. Id say do it. You can add an aftermarket camera and monitor for $550.

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5
198 Posts
Yes we are also going to get a Limited without the Moonroof. We can not see spending another $1400 for something you will go Ohh Ahh about for about 2 months then never open it again for the next 7 years..

It's true think about it.. :D

·
Registered
2010 OB 3.6R limited
3,284 Posts
Yes we are also going to get a Limited without the Moonroof. We can not see spending another $1400 for something you will go Ohh Ahh about for about 2 months then never open it again for the next 7 years..

It's true think about it.. :D
I use my moonroof almost everyday in the morning.... except very cold winter months here in chicago.....Guess, some like AC instead of fresh morning air....I'll take the fresh air anytime....

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I say thats a great deal. I just bought a 2012 OB Limited 2.5 with moonroof for $28700 out the door. The 3.6R was at least another 3K. Id say do it. You can add an aftermarket camera and monitor for $550.
If you get 2.5 Limited w/ moonroof for 28.7k OTD, I said that's even a better deal. Not sure how much tax u guys pay in CO, here in CA to get that price OTD you have to pay only low 26k before TTL.
3.6R is 2500 bucks extra MSRP, so it is like you are getting 3.6R with moonroof for 28.5k :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
I use my moonroof almost everyday in the morning.... except very cold winter months here in chicago.....Guess, some like AC instead of fresh morning air....I'll take the fresh air anytime....
We are in FL and it is in the 90s 9 months out of the year. and when it is not in the 90s, it is still so humid that you need to run AC just to defog the windshield. Even when it is in the 70s, the air feels warmer than it is because of moisture. So, $1400 isn't worth paying to MAYBE use on one of those few perfect low-humidity days.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I too use mine almost daily and like the fresh air. Aside from rain or snow or extreme heat, I usually have mine, at least tilted up!

·
Banned
238 Posts
I too use mine almost daily and like the fresh air. Aside from rain or snow or extreme heat, I usually have mine, at least tilted up!
Are you using your moon roof while driving or when stationary only?
How much road noise is getting through closed or open moon roof?
Do you have to clean and maintain it annually or more often?
Does its weight affect the cornering of your car?
I've never used one, so I don't know what I missed when I ordered my car without that moon roof option.

·
Premium Member
2018 Outback Limited 2.5i Dark Blue Pearl/Ivory w'Eyesight
703 Posts
First moon roof I ever had was an add-on (cut a hole in the roof) for my 1974 Vega. Did this within 2 weeks of purchase. Have had a sun/moon roof on most vehicles since. Really like opening the roof on mild days, and even when it's hot, gets the hot air out of the OBW quickly. Flip it up and off I go. Noisy, yes, somewhat, but not as much as driving with the windows down at freeway speeds.

·
Registered
198 Posts
To each his own. I have an intense dislike of moonroofs. It costs $$$, it reduces headroom, it is useless when it is too hot, too cold or rainy/snowy. besides, I personally hate how light from moonroof washes the instruments making them hard to see. One of our prior cars (that was sold earlier) had a moonroof and I do not remember it EVER being opened. I will gladly pay $$ for the options we use (such as towing hitch), but I do not see paying $$ for something we KNOW won't be used - why? Just to have it?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Are you using your moon roof while driving or when stationary only?
How much road noise is getting through closed or open moon roof?
Do you have to clean and maintain it annually or more often?
Does its weight affect the cornering of your car?
I've never used one, so I don't know what I missed when I ordered my car without that moon roof option.

I normally have it tilted up, but do open it all the way, mostly while driving. The noise level is not too bad. I have a Nissan Frontier with a sunrooof and the Outback is noticeably more quiet.

I have only had the car for 5 months so i can't speak to any maintenance.

Hard to tell about the weight affecting handling. I dont drive it that hard to notice.

Its just something i have always liked to have.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts