Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Outback 3.0R VDC/VTD/LSD 5eat , 2.8'' lift
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so there is mine as much as i could see with phone and take picture. its not broken or heavy black but is it looks ok there or some like clogged ?

·
Registered
411 Posts
so there is mine as much as i could see with phone and take picture. its not broken or heavy black but is it looks ok there or some like clogged ?

Unless monolith is missing or melted or something like that you cant tell from looking. When on the car the outlet temp should be higher then the inlet temp. Not just a few degrees. It should be significantly higher. That's the way I've done it. Or watch the o2 voltages. Post cat should be as steady as possible.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. yh i should check voltage but as much as i dig with that torque pro app on phone its just gives like some one voltage of O2 sensors or smt. not 2 sensors. what software could show me those temperatures ? and with what cables or bluttooth dongles ?

·
Registered
411 Posts
The temps you use an infrared temp gun after you've driven the car for awhile and cat is completely up to temp.
thanks. yh i should check voltage but as much as i dig with that torque pro app on phone its just gives like some one voltage of O2 sensors or smt. not 2 sensors. what software could show me those temperatures ? and with what cables or bluttooth dongles ?
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
14,317 Posts
The only software that works to see data on the car is software on a scan tool or laptop/notebook. Rom Raider, FreeSSM are good for laptop/notebook use with Windows. Scan tools vary and the only one I've run across aftermarket that reads all the channels on a Subaru is MaxiDas. The last one we got for the shop ran $850, DS808 model. Gen 2 doesn't have a calculator for cat temperature, so yeah, you'd have to physically check it with a thermometer.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,193 Posts
free rom-raider on a windows laptop.

all you need is a generic $10 cable that is a labeled as VAG.

FreeSSM may not work fully with your car based on year. with my 2002 H4 it only connects to the ECU, not the TCU.
it is also free to download, so costs nothing to try it.

with these free things and a cheap cable, it might take a couple tries to connect, so don't get frustrated. (only the turbo people that are flashing code up into the car, bother to spend the big money on Tactrix stuff. ...vs. wrecking the upload, and being stuck looking for a used ECU. (and maybe bench fix the one that got stuck. )

but you will be just looking at data, so a cheap VAG cable does that . :smile2:

edit: and miles/kms on the car, and how much on the existing cat converter? and does it say "subaru" stamped on the metal?

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for info. yh i need that thermometer. dont have and i wont buy it just for that so maybe i could find from someone take it for time just to check . maybe some guys in garages who fixes cars could have it .
car is over 330k km now . and i must recheck that to be sure but im almost sure all is subaru there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts