Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Outback 3.0R
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I just bought a 2005 Outback 3.0R with 195k km. It's had some regular maintenance over the years at the local Subaru dealers, but it has been a while.

I know for sure it needs brakes servicing (deposits make the brakes rubby/pulsey from time to time), a transmission servicing, and new spark plugs (I don't think they've ever been changed out, and the fuel efficiency is the pits compared to other 3.0Rs).

There's a variety of other little things that I already know about with the suspension (which I'll probably hold off on). And I think it's been a long while since the differentials have been checked.

I'd rather not bring it into the dealer if I don't have to. But is there anything critical that I should have done there?

More importantly, are there any Subaru wizards on the Island?

·
Registered
2000 Outback Limited
11 Posts
2000 Subaru Outback Limited w 2.5 EJ25 blown head gasket at present. I live in Victoria and share your conundrum with regard to finding a good Subbie wizard on the Island. There is this fellow in Vancouver named Kon who some say is fantastic but is very hard to understand because of his THICK accent. Saunders Subaru is what it is... and no one else seems to be stepping up to the Subaru podium for honours presentation. We are using our local garage for smaller stuff. Recently we went to Smart Service Subaru in Seattle and found them to be at the top of the heap as it pertains to product knowledge. We have not had them do any work for us, but may do the big one with them in April when we return from Arizona- HG, T-Belt, Alternator.

On another subject: what is a Shopsmith

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm up in Campbell river, and I'm on the hunt for the same thing for my 05 OBXT. I'll be sure to report back with any findings. Cheers, from the north.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts