Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Outback Premium PZEV CVT 2.5
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm traveling and it seems I overestimated the remaining tread life on my tires. Due to how remote I am this seems like the best option, anyone give these tires a try? I figure they can't be any worse than the stockers which really haven't been that bad...

Goodyear viva authority

Walmart Mobile

Thanks all!

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
"Fuel Saver" tires might have a hard tread compound. Not the best to have in wet and slippery conditions.

·
Registered
2013 OB 3.6R SAP
202 Posts
Goto Tirerack.com, and find the link that lists their approved installers. Find the one closest to you - if there is one within 25 or 50 miles, you could have the tires shipped there. Much better alternative than riding on crap tires for 5 years.

·
Registered
2004 Outback Wagon, 2.5, 4EAT, All weather package.
1,036 Posts
They're "meh". Decent for the money. And Goodyear builds the rip offs specifically for Walmart and intentionally cheapens them. You can find something better for not much more.

Get a set of Dunlop Signature IIs at least.

·
Registered
2011 Outback Premium PZEV CVT 2.5
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input. It's not about money, just what's available and trying not to disturb my cabin time more than necessary...not much in the way of tire shops around here and this is pretty much my last stop before the 2000 mile drive home. Thanks again for the feedback.

Ps
Really surprised I even have Internet phone access to post this...weird.

·
Registered
2004 Outback Wagon, 2.5, 4EAT, All weather package.
1,036 Posts
Walmart should have SOMETHING nicer, though. I would hope anyway.

·
Meh.
I has wagons.
12,372 Posts
Thread moved to correct forum.

·
Registered
2011 Subie 3.6R Limited 2013 Cmax e=nergi PHEV
824 Posts
A few good posts here about the Hankook H727 I believe that you can order to you local Wallyworld.

Green LTD likes em.

·
Banned
2007 Outback XT Ltd
847 Posts
]...not much in the way of tire shops around here and this is pretty much my last stop before the 2000 mile drive home.
Research tires in your price comfort zone at Tire Rack, then drive to the nearest larger city on your trip home and buy them en-route. You can pick out a Discount Tire or similar chain store and buy them in advance, and arrange for them to be there when you come through town. Minimal hassles and down time this way.....

Are the current ones so bad you can't live with them until then?

John Davies
Spokane WA USA

1 - 11 of 11 Posts