Subaru Outback Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
02 OB sport, 2.5, 5MT, WRX seats/catback/rear bar, Hellas, Home Despot CAI and roof rack
1,572 Posts
cptoversteer, your OBS may be far from a WRX, but not all of us are that far away. I can beat 'em in the dirt, and keep up with a stocker almost thru second gear. And I have a two-toned wagon!! I love it. Let the modding begin

hey, i'm doing what i can to narrow the gap, thanks largely to your help and input...i really want the best of both cars. what i meant was the absence of the Invisible Giant Hand shoving you fwd. i might even eventually add an turbo, altho i'm going to engineer it for less top end rush than rex and a VW 1.8T-like torque curve (ie, peak torque is flat line from abt 1900-5200 rpm

of course you can beat em in the dirt...most WRXs see dirt abt as often as the avg sport ute. rallycross already sounded like fun but those fotos may push me over the edge.

the 2 tone station wagon stealth factor is one of the major appeals of the car to me...invisible to cops, clients er thieves, and people needing to Prove Something. esp in Invisible Silver. we may have gotten older and a bit less obvious, but car is faster than most of the "sporting" conveyances i've owned. i regularly find self having to keep from being smug abt how dang wonderful it is. at 6'4", i feel like i'm wearing it and sometimes wish for room of legacy but that's what luggage rack is for.:1:

·
Registered
181 Posts
You guys make me wanna get an 04-05 w/2.5......:(

I can't afford a new car now, but in a couple of years, I'll have some decisions to make. :D

21 - 22 of 22 Posts