Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited, PZEV, Satin White Pearl, SAP, OEM Hitch, Body Side Moldings, Door Edge Guards, Wheel Arch Moldings, Splash Guards, Rear Seat Back Protectors, Rear Bumper Cover, Pin
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I must admit that I have been challenged operating the navigation system in my Outback, need to do more reading.

But yesterday I was notified by the nav system that I had a text message. So it hit the prompt to read the text...and I quote:

• 2 cans of light Coconut Milk
  • Frozen Fruit
  • Coconut Extract
I understood almost every word (well extract was kinda funky).

Sweet words to my ears, sounds like smoothies tonight:)

Hey, little victories in the world of the Outback navigation system, I'll take it:29: As you can tell, I'm easily impressed:D

·
Registered
2013 Outback Limited SAP
76 Posts
I finally figured out how to RECEIVE texts through nav on my 2013 Outback Limited. The reply functionality produces an error every time.

·
Registered
2013 OB 3.6R Limited, Black Silica
383 Posts
I finally figured out how to RECEIVE texts through nav on my 2013 Outback Limited. The reply functionality produces an error every time.
That is the one function I have not heard of anyone getting to work.

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited, PZEV, Satin White Pearl, SAP, OEM Hitch, Body Side Moldings, Door Edge Guards, Wheel Arch Moldings, Splash Guards, Rear Seat Back Protectors, Rear Bumper Cover, Pin
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow it gets better, this time I got an email and I hit the read button/icon.

It was a pretty wordy email from a coworker. Once again I understood most of what Betsy (that's her name now) said. I also noticed that I could reply, so I hit that button/icon and there was a list of pre drafted responses (I'm driving now, I'll call you in a few, can't talk now, stuff like that).

I didn't mess with it too much because I was driving and didn't want to kill myself screwing around with the screen. Maybe I'll sit in the car while parked and wait for an email to play around with it some more.

How about that...suprised once again:p

·
Registered
2012 Outback Premium Ruby Red Pearl 2.5 CVT AWP
401 Posts
Any time I see the words "coconut" and 'milk" together I think of Coconut Curry Chicken, which is what I made for dinner tonight- with sticky rice. ****, that was good!

·
Registered
'14 3.6R Outback
2,348 Posts
I didn't mess with it too much because I was driving and didn't want to kill myself screwing around with the screen. Maybe I'll sit in the car while parked and wait for an email to play around with it some more.
I'll give you a hint to do this easier:

Email yourself. ;)

·
Registered
2014 Outback 2.5 Ltd with Nav, Eyesite, loaded.
148 Posts
I cannot get my iPhone 5 or a Droid HD to reply. Always get an error message. I posted the name and phone of the person who is taking complaints about these issues. Call and have your VIN handy!

·
Registered
2013 Outback Limited SAP
76 Posts
I cannot get my iPhone 5 or a Droid HD to reply. Always get an error message. I posted the name and phone of the person who is taking complaints about these issues. Call and have your VIN handy!
Where did you post this? I didn't see it earlier in the thread...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What phone Are you using freelancer
I have the BlackBerry Bold Touch.

Some times I connect within the 1st 30 seconds and sometimes it doesn't matter what I do, I can't get it to connect.

It's like feeding my dog, maybe she'll devour it as soon as I put the food down and sometimes the food will just sit there:confused:

I get it now:cool:...my navigation system has it's own personality.

·
Registered
2014 Outback Limited with SP and Eyesight
2 Posts
The reply feature works on my 2013 with my Samsung Galaxy S3. Didn't work originally though, it just started working one day.
I just bought a 2014 Outback with the Nav package. I have no problem pairing my Galaxy S3 however I can't figure out how to receive text messages on the Nav screen. Any help would be appreciated!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts