Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After some 'sleepless' nights I made a difficult decision:

I have been considering to replace my '01 MDX with either 04 or 05 MDX but since my eldest daughter will be driving to her school starting this coming September we need to have 3 cars (for her, me, and the wife).

And so I came up with a formula to solve our problem:

01 MDX = 05 Subaru Outback (LLBean) + 04 Civic Hybrid

Last night I traded-in my 01 MDX with an 05 Subaru Outback. This coming weekend we'll be picking up the Civic Hybrid. I'm also getting the Magellan Roadmate700 to replace my MDX Navi.
Me and my wife will alternately use these two new cars and the daughter will get the old car (02 Mitsubishi Lancer).

I have actually been lurking around this chat site 'Subaruoutback.org' since about 3 weeks ago and looks I will be a permanent 'fixture' in this site from now on.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
bienvenidos, compadre! and congrats on the SUV-ectomy...

so are LLB owners properly referred to as "beaners"?? :D

·
Administrator
4,263 Posts
I call the LL Bean a or the "Beaner" quite often, I guess the owners could be call that as well :D

Dante, I'm guessing that you were (or still are) a member of our father site AcuraMDX.org, aye? If so... yes!!! Another one converted to the way of the Outback! :21:

Also, this is just my personal opinion so take it as you will, but I wouldn't buy a Civic Hybrid. Mainly because there have been many article comparing it to a standard Civic and all say it would take about 7-12 years to make back the extra cash you spend paying for the hybid model over the standard, in gas. If it were my choice I'd go for a 2004 (or 05) Toyota Prius ;)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! Hero Boots.

It's good I haven't gotten hold of the Civic hybrid yet. Although the Prius have a waiting period of at least 8 months I think it's worth it.
I'll just have my 1994 Corolla wagon (which I'm planning to disposed of) repaired and maybe use it for another year.

Although we still miss our MDX we are starting to love our new (Willow Green/Moss Green) Outback. In fact my neighbor walked over and started looking at it inside out and he is impressed.
One thing that Subaru should have included in the LLBean is the homelink to remotely control the garage door, now I have to buy an extra remote from Sears.

I have taken picture of the car but I just found out that the software coming with my Cannon digital camera is probably being blocked by my McAfee anti-virus program. Hopefully I can find a fix.

Oh yeah! We are going to break-in the car by traveling to Myrtle Beach in South Carolina this coming long (Labor Day) weekend.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
cool. you're ending up with 2 really good vehicles. i also think it's worth buying the Prius as a social statement rewarding Toy's corp responsibility (apparently in Japan the term is not always an oxymoron) in ensuring that Prius is available at regular-car prices. their per-unit profit has to suck compared to "conventional" cars.

but can you get it with the cool green flames like that one magazine ad? i've almost called toy dealer parts dept to see if they can get em (for my OBS).

bw

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
CPToversteer
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing