Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Outback 3.6R Limited CGP
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my 3rd Subaru. 1st was an '87 GL wagon that was a 'get it running and sell it' project, I didn't have it long. 2nd was a 2011 WRX Premium 5dr that I just recently traded in on a 2013 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited Cypress Green Pearl. On day 1 I had the front windows tinted, day 2 I replaced the tires with Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S's and yesterday I had the Subaru Remote start installed. Future plans are body side molding and wheel arch molding. Otherwise, I just want to drive it! I really miss the WRX, but I love the comfort and room of the Outback!

·
Registered
2013 Outback 3.6R Limited
36 Posts
Welcome! I too recently traded my WRX for an Outback. I miss the WRX but it just wasn't very practical for me any more (dog, wife and soon to be added infant is a tight squeeze). I love the OB though, you're right about the comfort and room. You've been busy, you'll have to post pics when you get the body molding done.

·
Registered
2007 Chrysler 300C built 5.7
396 Posts
The remote start work well? I'm debating on getting the subaru one vs aftermarket

·
Registered
'11 outback 2.5i premium '12 impreza sport limited
3,822 Posts
my last two cars before i got the outback were an '03 wrx and then an '08 evo MR. only got the shitsubishi because of the transmission, I miss my wrx but love my outback even with the N/A ej25.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The remote start work well? I'm debating on getting the subaru one vs aftermarket
So far, so good. I started it last night from inside the movie theater and the 2 way feedback to the remote to tell you it's started is awesome. The only thing that stinks is that the car shuts off when you open the door. There are guys that have used velcro or a sheet metal bracket to hold down the door pin switch so the car continues to run after the door is opened.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just ordered the Stealth 2" hitch from Torklift and the wiring from e-trailer. Now I can use my hitch rack again and pull a utility trailer if/when needed.

:jump:

·
Registered
2013 Outback 3.6R Limited
36 Posts
Awesome! They are one good looking hitch. I put my Stealth on a few weeks ago. This walkthrough from nigelvh is what I followed. It does a good job of explaing everything.
http://digitalnigel.com/wordpress/?p=1179

I unbolted the muffler and then just let if hang by the outside hanger, being a brand new car it was easier to do that and have it out of the way.

Also, I broke one of the plastic tabs on the bumper, it was a little chilly out and even though I had the heat on in the garage the bumper wasn't as flexible as it probably should have been. I'd try to work in a warm place and let your car warm up if that's an option for you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Awesome! They are one good looking hitch. I put my Stealth on a few weeks ago. This walkthrough from nigelvh is what I followed. It does a good job of explaing everything.
http://digitalnigel.com/wordpress/?p=1179

I unbolted the muffler and then just let if hang by the outside hanger, being a brand new car it was easier to do that and have it out of the way.

Also, I broke one of the plastic tabs on the bumper, it was a little chilly out and even though I had the heat on in the garage the bumper wasn't as flexible as it probably should have been. I'd try to work in a warm place and let your car warm up if that's an option for you.
Thanks for the input. That was a great write-up. The wiring came yesterday and the hitch arrived today. I will make sure that I have a full free day so I can take my time with the installation. I hate rushing something and taking shortcuts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts