Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well it has a total of 300 miles on it, I have to still fine tune the seat for my bad back but getting in and out is a pleasure and the auto start (which is a bit hit or miss) when hit is great to warm up the car, but I think it shuts itself off in a short period of time. I am off to the dealer tomorrow to have 2 small things looked at.

I ordered this as I did not need it in a hurry so this is what I got:

LTD with Eyesight and therefore navigation I did not want.
sunroof
rear nets (I ordered the one for the back seat and they had it come in with the wrong one so I get both)
Twilight Blue Metallic with Ivory leather interior
Winter package (living in New England a nice feature)
Back seat covers (you know those plastics pieces to cover the carpet to keep the back of the seats clean.
So I guess I got just about all there was get.

The car drives very nicely, stable, 4 cylinder, quiet and fast enough for me, I like it. The color is beautiful (I would have preferred a light color but the ivory interior was the deciding factor here). I have really missed a rear wiper for many years, love it, and being heated will be a plus. So far so very very good. The nicest thing after 2 back surgeries to be able to slide in and out, problem is that right now I cannot drive very far (20 minutes before the pain starts and continues even with breaks).... So I won't have too many miles for now. I doubt I will ever go off road due to my back, but all wheel drive will sure be nice for snow and bad rain (it is a perfect New England Car). What can I say, my second Subaru but first with all wheel drive, and this one is far more comfortable than the Legacy wagon I bought in 1989 or 1990.

One day when the weather is not freezing and the car is clean I will take some pictures but you guys know what these look like....

·
Registered
2013 limited Outback 2.5i, pzev, rear seat protectors, Venetian red pearl, all weather floor mats, rear cargo net, viper remote start, puddle lights, body side molding,
39 Posts
Great! Recently busted 1000 miles...best car i've ever driven...Much better than my ml320.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,018 Posts
........So I guess I got just about all there was (to) get...........
Not even close....;). There's Body Side Moulding, Wheel Arch Protectors, Lighted Sills, Interior Illumination Kit, Shock Sensor, Bug Deflector, Moonroof Wind Deflector, Leather Shift Knob, STI Pedal Kit to name a few, and don't forget the side nets.:rolleyes:. (Just jerkin' your chain a bit.) Congrats on the new ride.

·
Registered
Well a few actually....Now a 2016 3.6 Blk/Blk LTD
58 Posts
Congrats...thoroughly enjoying my new '13 as well. I’ve had it just over 3 weeks and just about 1k miles.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Coming up on my one month aniversery and just passed 2000 miles :29: So far so good except for the whimpy floor heater. The rear door is finiky. If the floor mat has slid back 1/8" the door will not close completely. The backup cam is great but you have to often clean the lens. I got 25 MPG on my 3rd tank and the computer has consistanly been 0.4MPG high over 3 tank fulls.

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Premium 6mt, Twilight Blue
2,370 Posts
Congrats! Just passed my month-mark, just under 1k miles.

·
Registered
2020 Touring XT, 2013 Outback Lim SAP 270K, 2003 Outback Lim MT 2.5L, 241K..
2,223 Posts
Im one month today - 2678 miles.

Loved my '03 but love this one as well.

Contrats on yours!!!!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not even close....;). There's Body Side Moulding, Wheel Arch Protectors, Lighted Sills, Interior Illumination Kit, Shock Sensor, Bug Deflector, Moonroof Wind Deflector, Leather Shift Knob, STI Pedal Kit to name a few, and don't forget the side nets.:rolleyes:. (Just jerkin' your chain a bit.) Congrats on the new ride.
Well I did get body side molding but the other things you mention, no, so I guess I had left a few things out. Still not sure how I am with the Eyesight, it is certainly nice to know when I am drifting but you better know how to deactivate it when you go through that first car wash :), it was not really fun but I got it worked out.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Coming up on my one month aniversery and just passed 2000 miles :29: So far so good except for the whimpy floor heater. The rear door is finiky. If the floor mat has slid back 1/8" the door will not close completely. The backup cam is great but you have to often clean the lens. I got 25 MPG on my 3rd tank and the computer has consistanly been 0.4MPG high over 3 tank fulls.
I was in for a service today and complained about the floor heater and they admitted it was small and not very wonderful. The new back panel was also warped..... and when they put the back seat down they did not move the metal clasp for the seatbelt and almost ripped the seat, but I have shown it to them and if it does not come back to normal they will address fixing it. This I am not happy about but things happen and I know they will address it, they are a good dealer. Nice to have both cargo nets now in place.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all, the first new car that I bought myself in 27 years and I believe I made the right choice.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,018 Posts
I was in for a service today and complained about the floor heater and they admitted it was small and not very wonderful. The new back panel was also warped..... and when they put the back seat down they did not move the metal clasp for the seatbelt and almost ripped the seat, but I have shown it to them and if it does not come back to normal they will address fixing it. This I am not happy about but things happen and I know they will address it, they are a good dealer. Nice to have both cargo nets now in place.
I think you'll be ok on the seat indent. My wife put one of those big clamshell "forky" hair clips and closed it up in the rear seat arm rest.:gasp::gasp::eek: It was in there about two weeks in the summer before I found it. It did everything but puncture the leather--about ten times. It took a while but it came back. Needless to say if the clip is not in her hair it's not in the car.;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts