Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my factory ordered 2013 3.6R limited twilight blue metallic outback today with just 3 miles on the odometer. It's a limited base model without moonroof, navigation and camera. The installed options were:
<dl class="summary_details_list" data-bind="template: { name: 'selectedAccessoriesSummary-template', foreach: selectedAccessories, afterRender: function() { summary_accessories_scrollbar(); $('#summary_details_right').tinyscrollbar_update('relative'); } }">Body Side Moldings
Rear Bumper Corner Moldings
Rear Bumper Cover
Splash Guards
Wheel Arch Molding Kit
Auto-Dimming Mirror with Compass
Cargo Net - Rear
Cargo Net - Rear Seat Back
Cargo Net - Rear Side Compartment
Dog Guard/Compartment Separator
All-Weather Floor Mats
</dl>All protective film was on the body per my request. I checked alignment of the doors and the rear tail gate. All gaps were equally sized and all surfaces were properly aligned. I drove the car about 32 highway and street miles at different speeds to the shop to install 3M ClearBra film while everything is still pristine and clean. Highest speed was 80 mph, lowest 25-30 mph.
First impressions: Surprisingly firm and responsive ride in comparison with previously tested mushy 2012 OB, almost like an average sport sedan. Cornering without braking was quite good without noticeable body lean or roll. I could not detect any over or under steer in this vehicle. I give it partially to the absence of the moonroof, which adds some extra pounds to the highest point of the vehicle. Steering was a bit heavier than I expected but nonetheless quite precise and responsive. On a highway, in a speed range between 50 and 80 mph it was very stable without any shaking or side to side line wandering. Few times I let go of the steering wheel and the car continued to travel in the straight line. The highway ride is quite firm with a little noise getting in but nothing really distracting. I did not notice any creaks, pops or other parasitic vibrations that others complained in their posts about. The head rests felt quite unusual to me but nothing really to complain about. Driver seat is very comfy as well. The ride to the 3M installer shop was quite short, about an hour, to make any final conclusions about this new car. However, my first impressions are very positive. I'm glad now that I have waited for 2013 model with an improved suspension, steering and ride in general.
Patience is a virtue :29:

·
Registered
2002 Outback 2.5
37 Posts
You have exactly the same thing I ordered on 11 August. Well I didnt get the cargo nets and dog guard. Oh and mines a 2.5--wanted better fuel economy.

Can you tell me exactly how long from order at dealer to delivery ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2010 outback. base 2.5
1,969 Posts
Positive feedback is good and it looks like the ride has been tightened up with a small increase in a stiff ride. My early 10 definite feels Buick like on the road.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 3.6R Limited
10 Posts
Congrats on your new car! I've got your twin, minus the dog guard and wheel arch molding kit, and ours came with puddle lights.

We were just about to order ours until the San Antonio dealer found one very close to what we wanted in Houston. We were the first ones to purchase a 2013 3.6R and the first ones to purchase Twilight Blue in San Antonio.

We absolutely love ours so far, the ride is much better than the several 2012's we test drove. Ours was delivered with over inflated tires (45 - 47) and once I let the extra air out, the drive was even better.

·
Banned
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You have exactly the same thing I ordered on 11 August. Well I didnt get the cargo nets and dog guard. Oh and mines a 2.5--wanted better fuel economy.

Can you tell me exactly how long from order at dealer to delivery ?

Thanks.
The car was factory ordered on June 13th and arrived on August 20th.

BTW, the fuel economy was surprisingly good for 6 cylinder engine in my opinion. More than 90% of the time I drove it, MPG gauge was showing green bars.

·
Banned
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats on your new car! I've got your twin, minus the dog guard and wheel arch molding kit, and ours came with puddle lights.

We were just about to order ours until the San Antonio dealer found one very close to what we wanted in Houston. We were the first ones to purchase a 2013 3.6R and the first ones to purchase Twilight Blue in San Antonio.

We absolutely love ours so far, the ride is much better than the several 2012's we test drove. Ours was delivered with over inflated tires (45 - 47) and once I let the extra air out, the drive was even better.
Thanks! And thank you again for the hint regarding tire pressure. I'll check it when I get the car out of the 3M installer shop. I saw a couple of 2013 twilight blues in our area but they all were 2.5i cars. I guess, I might be the first in our area owner of 2013 3.6R in TBM color.

·
Registered
'13 OB 3.6R Ltd
31 Posts
The fairly flat handling (for a raised wagon such as this), and cornering ability is what really sold me on my '13 OB 3.6Ltd (the 55% of AWD power going to the rear helps that handling too, very neutral compared to a FWD biased cute ute).

Compared to most of what my wife and I drove, the OB handled and rode better, was quieter, felt better built inside, and was still as cheap (or cheaper). As a total package, it was a no brainer.

·
Registered
2019 2.5i Touring (Wilderness Green)
376 Posts
The car was factory ordered on June 13th and arrived on August 20th.

BTW, the fuel economy was surprisingly good for 6 cylinder engine in my opinion. More than 90% of the time I drove it, MPG gauge was showing green bars.
That will happen at first. the MPG gauge puts the mid-point at your average MPG as calculated by the trip computer. As the car's calculated average increases to your actual average, the harder it will be to keep it above the mid-point. When you first get the car, the average is considered "0" and is easy to raise.

·
Registered
2013 OB Ltd. 2.5i Satin White Pearl - Special Appearance Package
87 Posts

Yup, checked the pressure on our OB Saturday, and the pressure was @ 40 psi (all 4 wheels).

·
Registered
2020 Outback Touring XT, in Crystal White Pearl
971 Posts
Congrats on the new 2013 purchases! I'm a little jealous, as I have a fairly-early 2010 3.6R Limited (bought in October 2009), already with 67k miles on it. But I like to get "full use" out of vehicles, so no upgrades for me for a while....

This may be overly obvious, but if the headrest seems too close to the back of your head, just tilt back the upper seat back a very small amount, and it really helps. (Plus to some extent you'll get used to the headrest position.)

The overly-inflated tires are due to Subaru over-filling them for shipment of the cars. The dealers are supposed to set them to the manual before turning over the car to the buyer, but this doesn't always happen. I don't know what the 2013 manual says, but at least in 2010 the manual showed a fairly low 32 psi front, 30 psi rear. But most folks prefer something a bit higher, 3 or 4 psi more (compared to the 32/30 manual recommendation). Even when I have the car in for service at the dealer, THEY set the tire pressures in the 34-35 range...

·
Registered
2011 Outback Premium 6MT
546 Posts
Got my factory ordered 2013 3.6R limited twilight blue metallic outback today with just 3 miles on the odometer. It's a limited base model without moonroof, navigation and camera. The installed options were:
<dl class="summary_details_list" data-bind="template: { name: 'selectedAccessoriesSummary-template', foreach: selectedAccessories, afterRender: function() { summary_accessories_scrollbar(); $('#summary_details_right').tinyscrollbar_update('relative'); } }">Body Side Moldings
Rear Bumper Corner Moldings
Rear Bumper Cover
Splash Guards
Wheel Arch Molding Kit
Auto-Dimming Mirror with Compass
Cargo Net - Rear
Cargo Net - Rear Seat Back
Cargo Net - Rear Side Compartment
Dog Guard/Compartment Separator
All-Weather Floor Mats
</dl>All protective film was on the body per my request. I checked alignment of the doors and the rear tail gate. All gaps were equally sized and all surfaces were properly aligned. I drove the car about 32 highway and street miles at different speeds to the shop to install 3M ClearBra film while everything is still pristine and clean. Highest speed was 80 mph, lowest 25-30 mph.
First impressions: Surprisingly firm and responsive ride in comparison with previously tested mushy 2012 OB, almost like an average sport sedan. Cornering without braking was quite good without noticeable body lean or roll. I could not detect any over or under steer in this vehicle. I give it partially to the absence of the moonroof, which adds some extra pounds to the highest point of the vehicle. Steering was a bit heavier than I expected but nonetheless quite precise and responsive. On a highway, in a speed range between 50 and 80 mph it was very stable without any shaking or side to side line wandering. Few times I let go of the steering wheel and the car continued to travel in the straight line. The highway ride is quite firm with a little noise getting in but nothing really distracting. I did not notice any creaks, pops or other parasitic vibrations that others complained in their posts about. The head rests felt quite unusual to me but nothing really to complain about. Driver seat is very comfy as well. The ride to the 3M installer shop was quite short, about an hour, to make any final conclusions about this new car. However, my first impressions are very positive. I'm glad now that I have waited for 2013 model with an improved suspension, steering and ride in general.
Patience is a virtue :29:
Time to take it to the mud-hop :>

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5
198 Posts
we ordered about a week later than the OP, so probably in a week or two we should have ours (2.5 Limited Twilight blue).

·
Banned
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got my car today out of ClearBra installer shop. After all protective film was removed and clear protective one installed it looks fantastic :29:
Drove it home and installed rear seat back protector using industrial strength velcro strips, instead of drilling anchor holes in the rear seat back. Worked like a charm.
Next thing is to install four rub strips on the roof between roof rack rails, and then one extra switch and relay to turn on / off that stupid DRLs.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Just found out that our 13 OB 2.5 Limited has arrived at the dealer. We won't take delivery till next week, but it arrived one to 2 weeks earler than original time frame given by SOA.

·
Banned
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just found out that our 13 OB 2.5 Limited has arrived at the dealer. We won't take delivery till next week, but it arrived one to 2 weeks earler than original time frame given by SOA.
Congratulations on your new vehicle!
What color and options did you order?

·
Registered
198 Posts
This is what we got.. The dealer said it came in yesterday.. it was ordered on July 21.

Twilight Blue Limited 2.5... Off Black interior.. No moonroof---Like we said in Florida in the summer its a waste of money.. raining every afternoon.. and three days straight this past weekend.. and if its not raining its so humid that it might just rain in your car..

Body side mouldings
Trailer hitch
splash guards
Rear Bumper protector
Homelink Mirror/Compass....

I think that's it..

Alas I will not get it till next week... and I am about to burst...:eek: But not because of anything with the dealer or the car but for personal reasons and plans over this weekend.. People at work think I must be insane to wait till next week.. I think I am too.. LOL The worst part is the dealer is 45 miles away so I cannot just go over for a quick peek...:D

Besides SOA just last Thursday told me I was not getting it till the 4th and the dealer just on Saturday told me that they were not getting it till the 9th... did they not know the thing was in transit?:confused: So I was going to wait anyway..

The front windows will be tinted the next day after I get it.. Not too dark as I want.. got a ticket in GA for tint just last year..

·
Registered
2017 Outback, 14 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 07 BMW E-93
604 Posts
Nice glad you got your wheels. We ordered on the exact same date and have heard nothing offical just a guess from my dealer and nothing from SOA.
I do think because we ordered the 3.6 with Eye Sight and other options that we must have missed the window since many of you have ordered later than we did and have your wheels.
I really need this thing now since I sold my Super Duty and need to move stuff out of a house we just sold.
Congrats to those of you that have your wheels and I plan to get the front windows tinted to match the side and rear also since Florida sun is intense...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts