Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

I need a fog horn, ,
2004 Outback Sport
Discussion Starter #1
I just took delivery of a brand spankin new 2004 Pacifica Blue Pearl OBS! I can't wait to get it broken in a bit to start the mods. I'll try to post some pics this weekend.

SubaruOutback.org Founder
2018 Outback Limited 2.5L - 105,000+ miles
Cool Beans! :D

What kind of deal did you get on it? Is it a manual? What options/accesories does it have? Tell us everything!!!

Very cool that you finally got your new Subie, FYI if you are interested you should check out the Rota group buy in the General forum in case you want to get rid of the OEM wheels and get some nice Rotas :D

I need a fog horn, ,
2004 Outback Sport
Discussion Starter #3
Oh Yeah- details...
5-speed- I usually tend to slam on the brakes in auto cars trying to clutch :)

I didn't really want any options, but ended up with these: Auto Dimming mirror (very cool), cargo net, and heavy duty floor mats.

I ordered a Panasonic head unit so I can hook up the iPod.

Looks like were about to get hammered with snow tonight so I should have a great time driving to work tommorow AM.

First mods I'm planning: debage and a wrx rear bar. intake/exhust mods later.

Registered
2003 Subaru Outback 2005 Ford Ranger
Sweet! Enjoy the car. Those OBS's are hella fun.:D Post some pics if you can.

hvlwnc said:
Oh Yeah- details...
5-speed- I usually tend to slam on the brakes in auto cars trying to clutch :)
You too?!? :2:

For me it comes from a driving career of being taught and then driving manuals until the OB (except for a few others but never as long).

I don't blame you for not getting the overpriced Subaru accesories, the ones you did get are some of the nice, must-have items though ;)

Snow huh? Nice time to be driving, let alone buying a Subie :p

As far as intake and exhaust talk to our resident OBS hot-rodder bheinz57 aka Brian:D, check his gallery for his mods.

Once again congratulations on becoming a full fledged Outback.org member and just for having enough good taste in buying a Subaru :7:

Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
Welcome to the OBS owners club! I love mine. You have disc brakes in the rear, you *%$#@#%& No, really though, that is the only regret of my fine vehicle, no disc in the rear. Very stable, fun car to drive. Check out my mods in the performance forums. Brian:cool:

I need a fog horn, ,
2004 Outback Sport
Discussion Starter #7
bheinz57 Yeah, I've got an aversion to drum brakes and I'm working hard to eliminate them from my life. my ancient F250 is the only vehicle I own that still has em.

Your OBS is sweet! I think I've found my mod mentor.

Cao Cao It actually wasn't snow. it was an inch or so of gelatanous slush. The OBS handled it without a complaint. The only time I had the back get loose was by trying to get it to break loose with a fairly hard turn in the slush. It is in dire need of a bath after my drive back and forth to work today.

Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
hvlwnc, pics, pics, pics! Get some pics flowing for us. So, what is the first 'extra' going to be for the OBS? Did yours come with a cigarette lighter or that plastic plug? Mine had the plastic plug so I bought a nice Ichiban machined aluminum lighter. Never been used, though, no smokey. Brian

bheinz57 said:
hvlwnc, pics, pics, pics! Get some pics flowing for us. So, what is the first 'extra' going to be for the OBS? Did yours come with a cigarette lighter or that plastic plug? Mine had the plastic plug so I bought a nice Ichiban machined aluminum lighter. Never been used, though, no smokey. Brian
Oh Brian, quit trying to sell people things they'll never even use :p :D But I agree that you lighter piece did look very nice, regarless if you were to use it or not it is worth buying just for looks.

To all with an Outback Sport or a 2.5L Impreza, after going on a little spin with Brian today I would highly recommend you get a similiar setup to his as far as intake and exhaust. **** his is sweet in action! :D The best part was when these two rough looking characters pulled up next to us at a stoplight and Brian revved his OBS up and the redneckish jokers responded. At green Brian decided to do a cluch drop and give me a good'ole helping of whiplash, j/k :p His OBS sounds great, not ricey at all just grunty and pissed off :mad: Very cool!

I need a fog horn, ,
2004 Outback Sport
Discussion Starter #10
Pics are coming tommorow- I just picked up a new digicam today as my old one died.

No lighter- just the plastic plug

And *!!*##%[email protected]!!! I just found my first chip on the leading edge of the hood- I knew the paint was thin but come on- I can't even get through the first week without a chip. I picked up a hood deflector on ebay, so hopefully that will be here soon. I'm also going to drop by the dealer on Fri and see if I can get some touch-up paint.

I went for a midnight ride through the Greenville watershed last night- miles of twisties. These hi-beams are bright!

I'm still planning mods! I'll do some as soon as the wife lets me:

Short shifter seems to be in order as well- I feel like I'm driving a truck!

A WRX rear bar.

Thinking about borla headers, greddy catback- smog testing starts next year :( Also thinking about PDM or Cobb intake.

Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
Cobb CAI:D
Borla header:D
Stromung SS cat back:D
WRX wagon rear 17mm sway bar:D
Easily chipped Subaru paint:mad:

No need for a short shifter, you'll adapt quickly.
Hood deflector:eek: will rub on paint- be careful.
I'm glad you are happy with the OBS, very nice car for the $.
Brian

OBS Obsessed, ,
Congrats. I have an 04 too. 4EAT - Green w/ lots of OEM options. Enjoy!

I have a stock WRX exhaust (for the time being) with custom 2.25" catback, 20mm rear sway from 03 WRX sedan and some other interior things. I took my intake off for nowcuz I felt like I lost some low end torque and I need it with the climb I make every evening in my neighborhood. Great car.

We have a '99 Legacy L Wagon too that is my wife's

I need a fog horn, ,
2004 Outback Sport
Discussion Starter #13
Pics!

in the gallery

I got one of the acrylic hood deflectors, I figured one of the vinyl ones would buff off the paint for me. Do the acrylic ones have the rubbing problem? If it does- it goes straight back to eBay!

OBS Obsessed, ,
hvlwnc, no I dont think so. There is very little in contact with the hood on those and there should be no movment or vibration at all to cause any paint issues. I think I probably got mine from the same place you did. ;) He had 3 and I think you, me and another friend of mine who has a TS got all of them.

I need a fog horn, ,
2004 Outback Sport
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah- installed the deflector this weekend- it only touches at 7-8 points with rubber feet and they give you some 3M anti-abrasion stickers to put on.

It fits well and works like a charm. I'll go take a shot and put it in the gallery.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts