Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

i got rear ended fairly hard on the freeway (perhaps a moving speed of 10-15 MPH) my tow hitch took the brunt of it, but the force of it seems to cause a lot of damage anyway.

there insurance admitted fault and im being covered both medically, and for damages. Im going to a doctor and ill follow through on that. However i wanted to get an idea of what a fair estimate for the damages would be, sometimes the shops in my area overcharge, and sometimes they half a-- a lot of the work.

List of damages:
center finish panel
bumper needs replacement
new bumper clips, new shock absorber
my tailgate is dented by the S in the subaru, its also scratched in the same spot, also the panel no longer sits flush to body when closed.

I had a shop get an estimate over to the insurer however they neglected to mention the tailgate damage, so i wanted to send that to the insurer and have it documented as well.

I was just curious if anyone had a rough ballpark on what i should expect in terms of an estimate. also any other advice in dealing with the insurance and medical would be great, they seem to be handling everything professionally so i want to ensure i do the same on my end.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
heres a bunch of photoss of the damage, i tried to upload them in op, but it didnt show through in my post for some reason

Attachments

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,317 Posts
keep the hitch ball and mount out,...before it rusts in, the knee you save maybe your own.

and it makes the wrecks worse on the unibody.

·
Registered
2006 Outback 2.5i Auto
417 Posts
Often their insurer will do the work of setting you up with a bodyshop and a rental while they do the work, and you won't see the estimate or bill. Geico did this when I managed the cunning trick of bending the front fender in on a friend's car while maneuvering on the driveway. Let their insurer do the work here if they do do it that way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts