Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Outback Limited 3.6R
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been talked about quite a bit. I read an article the other day that offers a fix, which has worked, but my issue is Starlink doesn't always light up as an option to select on the screen even though I have the starlink app open on my phone. I am wondering, is there a way to factory default the head unit so it doesn't think it has ever used starlink before? I love the sound quality of using the USB, but issue is it kills my GPS which is annoying AF. If anybody has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
2015 Outback Limited 3.6r
359 Posts
I am wondering, is there a way to factory default the head unit so it doesn't think it has ever used starlink before? I love the sound quality of using the USB, but issue is it kills my GPS which is annoying AF. If anybody has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.
Nope.
I am really sorry. Short of getting a new one there is nothing to be done.
Trust me, there is no one who hates the head unit more than me. I want to do my good deed of the day and just say 'It is not worth it'.
You can default it, update it, wipe it. Nothing. Forever scorned. It seriously puts a bad taste in my mouth for any Subaru now.

I would pay MONEY for someone to fix it at this point.
Aside from dropping in a 2018 head unit and A/C controls; or getting an aftermarket radio and making a rats nest of wiring, I am at a loss.

·
Registered
2016 Outback Limited 3.6R
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah makes me wonder if I can get them to replace it using warranty for some reason. Cause this is annoying

1 - 3 of 3 Posts