Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

can someone help a new owner. my gps does not display in the direction i'm driving?

Is there something I need to set ?

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Hi everyone,

can someone help a new owner. my gps does not display in the direction i'm driving?

Is there something I need to set ?
I assume you are looking for the compass. Compass is top center on the map screen while driving as long as no destination is set. Also per the manual "it is not displayed while driving on an expressway" . I still have to try that one.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I don't know which year or software version you have, but most displays can be set to show either the direction you are going as up, or as a real direction with north up. Instructions for changing it are in the manual.

·
Registered
34 Posts
In the 2013 Limited version, there is a gray square icon near the bottom left corner of the Nav map screen. There are three modes/displays. Push the icon to rotate through the three displays.
One icon looks like a yellow route going through a city - part of the route is behind a building. This is the 3-D map display with the top of the screen pointing in the direction of the car.
The second icon looks like a route going through a flat city. This is the 2-D map display with the top of the screen pointing in the direction of the car.
The third icon has a compass star on it. This causes the top of the screen to be always oriented north. I find this mode difficult to intuitively understand.
It is also buried in the menu system.
I like the 3-D mode.
If you do not have the same version of Nav, it must be something similar, perhaps in a menu setting. Good luck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In the 2013 Limited version, there is a gray square icon near the bottom left corner of the Nav map screen. There are three modes/displays. Push the icon to rotate through the three displays.
One icon looks like a yellow route going through a city - part of the route is behind a building. This is the 3-D map display with the top of the screen pointing in the direction of the car.
The second icon looks like a route going through a flat city. This is the 2-D map display with the top of the screen pointing in the direction of the car.
The third icon has a compass star on it. This causes the top of the screen to be always oriented north. I find this mode difficult to intuitively understand.
It is also buried in the menu system.
I like the 3-D mode.
If you do not have the same version of Nav, it must be something similar, perhaps in a menu setting. Good luck.
Thanks !!!

That was just what I was looking for

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
jackzack
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing