Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Premium
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick note of thanks to all of you on this forum -- especially those who contributed to the Extended Gold Warranty threads. I picked up my car recently and was so confident (almost cavalier) when we did the whole finance manager step. To his credit, he did say we had 3 years or 36,000 miles to buy the warranty. He was talking so fast and didn't mention which level of coverage, but said the normal price is $1,600 but he'd do $1,000 on the spot if we roll it into the loan.

Even though it generally seemed like a good price based on what I read here, I knew I could say no and shop around two years from now. I hope to keep the car for 8-10 years, but figure I should not have bought the warranty upfront just in case I hate the car. Why lay out $1,000 before I even know if I like it, right?

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited. White, Sunroof, 2.5, CVT. Bought 2/15/11. Love it! Broke 109K, 2/20.
449 Posts
A good idea as long as a warranty that has honest value will be available. Too many aftermarket warranties have so many caveats as to nearly useless. I don't know what you were offered but unless it was a SUBARU warranty wasn't worth the paper it was written on, IMHO.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts