Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
2023 Outback Onyx XT
4,002 Posts
Mine had some sort of lighting upgrade package. I never turned on vanity lights. They are indeed incandescent! Didn't even know I had puddle lights as I am mesmerized by the LEDs in the mirrors (coming through Subaru logo). I think we need to get out at night more often!;)
These are the bulbs I used for the door lights

· Premium Member
2023 Outback Onyx XT
4,002 Posts
Can you use the same LED bulb for the cargo as for the reversing lights? That'd be very useful as I've sourced the reverse led bulbs here and could just get another couple for the cargo area

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk
Yeah on model years before 2023, the reverse lights and the cargo area use the same bulbs. You'll need three, two for the reverse and one for cargo light. I originally bought the iBrightstar LEDs linked in this thread back in 2020 and they were still going strong.

· Premium Member
2023 Outback Onyx XT
4,002 Posts
Might to try the led bulbs. Others talked about them three years ago, but sone said their curcuit board went haywire with the change?
Only one person had that problem if I remember correctly. A lot of us have been running that iBrightstar LEDs with no noticable effect on the card electronics got quite some time now. As for that one guy with the issue, I'm not completely convinced of whether there was another factor in his troubles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts