Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2022 Outback Wilderness
64 Posts
I did same bulb replacement yesterday. Seemed strange that only the cargo area bulb was incandescent. If anyone else is going to do this simple mod, you will want to grab bulb to be removed and wiggle it while pulling downward. Note orientation of the wide part of the bulb base. Insert LED with same orientation. It will take a modicum of force, but it will "pop" in.

· Registered
2022 Outback Wilderness
64 Posts
On my wilderness, the cargo area bulb wasn't the only incandescent. The front door puddle lights, and both visor vanity bulbs were also.
Mine had some sort of lighting upgrade package. I never turned on vanity lights. They are indeed incandescent! Didn't even know I had puddle lights as I am mesmerized by the LEDs in the mirrors (coming through Subaru logo). I think we need to get out at night more often!;)

· Registered
2022 Outback Wilderness
64 Posts

· Registered
2022 Outback Wilderness
64 Posts
Yeah on model years before 2023, the reverse lights and the cargo area use the same bulbs. You'll need three, two for the reverse and one for cargo light. I originally bought the iBrightstar LEDs linked in this thread back in 2020 and they were still going strong.
@chvvkumar "reverse lights" are "backup lights", right? Glad to know it's the same LED. Will give this a go. Thank you!

· Registered
2022 Outback Wilderness
64 Posts
Hmm I should check all our interior lights as the OEM LED light upgrade package was one of the things we splurged for when we got our 2022 OBW.
Our 2022 OBW also had LED light upgrade package. Did not include cargo light, vanity mirror lights (never use anyway) or apparently backup lights. Cargo lighting vastly improved with LED. Will know on backup lights next week when bulbs arrive. Thankfully the backup lights are way easier to access than the rear turn signals!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts