Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Subaru Outback XT
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I'm new to the site although I have used it in much of my research. I bought a 2005 Subaru Outback XT wagon a little over a year ago used with 88k miles on it from a dealer who installed a new short block and turbo. I love the car and wouldn't you know it just after the warranty expired the turbo went. Well with all thanks to you here on this forum I educated myself and decided to update it with some newer better mods and couldn't be happier.
I was lucky, the turbo went on the exhaust side so I didn't get any contamination in the motor (although i flushed it as if I did) and decided to go aftermarket on the turbo. I purchased a TD05 18G turbo with the Subaru flange and decided to change the intercooler since the intake side of the turbo was a standard 2 inch outlet, I ended up making my own intercooler because there wasn't anything out there i liked. I did use the stock blowoff valve and just made my own adapter to fit it on the new aluminum ducting from the intercooler, the most important thing I did was redo the oil supply line. I used AR fittings and did away with the mesh screen and banjo bolt problem and ran steel braided lines to the front and back of the head. So far it runs and drives like it's new again and the best part I'm only into the project about $800. Again Thanks to this Forum for all the great information.

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Premium 6mt, Twilight Blue
2,378 Posts
Welcome. As you've already found, car forums offer an abundance of useful information (and sometimes not so useful information!).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts