Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Limted (maybe)
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. First post. (intro at the top, and the question is towards the bottom)

I originally leased a 2006 B9 Tribeca in 2005. It was a base model, with options deleted (No puddle lights, no 3rd row, and other things).

(Hope the pics work)

The plan was to buy it at the end of the lease, but a 14 year old driver of a uninsured Ford Explorer decided otherwise. :mad: .. Pushed me into a Honda CRX. I was the only one that drove home. The B9 wasnt totalled, but it should have been. Insurance ended up putting over 21k into fixing it. Firewall, floor, both rear quaters, headliner, interior panels, etc. It never quite drove or felt the same. So when the lease ended, I let her go.

Hard to tell in this pic, but Explorer had the front passenger suspension/tire/hub ripped off in the accident.

That poor little CRX had its rear trunk panel touching the rear of the drivers seat.

So I am currently driving a 2004 GMC Envoy XUV with 469,000 miles. I think its time for a newish car! Bought her with 89k miles on it, and its still on its original motor.

Thats what brings me here, as I am looking at purchasing another Tribeca, and looking for some advice.

A little about me. I am a car enthusiast. I have owned some very rare cars thru the years, They include: 89 Pontiac 6000 STE AWD (1 of 1376), 90 ASC McLaren Turbo Grand Prix (1 of 2225), 2001 Pontiac Aztek GT AWD (1 of 2 with this option pack), and more rareitys. I moderate a couple forums, A-Body.net, some yahoo groups (which are going away), and a couple others.

I live in Brighton Colorado, am 43 years old this year, Love off roading with my ATV's, have a cabin deep in the woods, a few years ago sold a condo I had in Winter Park. A recent father of a little boy, who is currently 1.5 years old.

I am looking at purchasing a 2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Limted 3 row. It has 82000 miles. I am looking at buying it from a dealer.

I had a pre-purchase inspection done on it, and it has a few issues

P0016 - Cam Correlation issue - No idea what this is
Rear Diff Temp Light - Known issue, needs the rear ground terminal cleaned
Oil Filter plate is dripping oil, not at a fast rate, but the plate is wet
Timing Chain Cover leaking oil as well
Mismatched tires front to rear, that are also at differing tread depths (tires needed)
A few other odds and ends

I have talked the dealer down to 4500, out the door, no emissions or safety inspections (wrong state for me anyways). Not a penny less.

Whats your thoughts on this, and what am I looking at getting into?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Brian-

1 - 1 of 1 Posts