Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just traded the wifes 08 civic ex for a new-to-us 2011 outback premium. So far I'm in love. Haven't liked a car this much in a long while. We do a lot of hiking and it'll be nice to get to the trailhead without worrying about destroying the undercarrige of our low clearance cars.

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Premium 6mt, Twilight Blue
2,378 Posts
Welcome! I'm also a new Outback owner and share your excitement of having a durable and versatile vehicle - it's a nice change of pace for sure!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I guess I spoke to soon. Randall noe in terrell, TX didn't want to help me out. I'm Active duty airforce so my home of record is Illinois. They didn't wanna take the trouble to getting the car titled and registered for me in Illinois. Guess I have to drive back home to buy.

·
Premium Member
2018 Outback Limited 2.5i Dark Blue Pearl/Ivory w'Eyesight
703 Posts
Well I guess I spoke to soon. Randall noe in terrell, TX didn't want to help me out. I'm Active duty airforce so my home of record is Illinois. They didn't wanna take the trouble to getting the car titled and registered for me in Illinois. Guess I have to drive back home to buy.
So much for supporting our Troops. It's not a completely difficult thing for any dealer to do. They must not have wanted your business that much.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So much for supporting our Troops. It's not a completely difficult thing for any dealer to do. They must not have wanted your business that much.
Yea the sales people were grea,t but the finance officer Tim was a complete d!(k. Made it seem like I was some dead beat casue I was finiancing thru USAA and wanted to register it in Illinois, where I hold my drivers license and my other vehicles registration. I have no conection with texas other than serving my country. I get moved around a lot so easy for me to have family in illinois to renew my tags and mail them too me.

·
Registered
'14 3.6R Outback
2,345 Posts
Yea the sales people were grea,t but the finance officer Tim was a complete d!(k. Made it seem like I was some dead beat casue I was finiancing thru USAA and wanted to register it in Illinois, where I hold my drivers license and my other vehicles registration. I have no conection with texas other than serving my country. I get moved around a lot so easy for me to have family in illinois to renew my tags and mail them too me.
He's probably more upset you were not from his country of Texas. :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts