Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i 6spdMT
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All;
I've talked a bit with the kind folks at SubaruOnlineParts.com about a discount on Subaru mounted bike carriers for a group buy. Details below:

1. Group Purchase Requirement: 10+ units

2. Units available for discount: Whole Bike & Fork Mount (see links)

3. Pricing info:
Fork Mount: $128.67, *normally $140.36*​

Whole Bike Mount: $139.43, *normally $150.14*​

Please post your interest here! We'll be giving our business to a site that supports Subaru owners like us, and they'll give us a little back in return!

Looking forward to seeing what interest we can drum up from the community. This was a group-buy that I requested, and they were kind enough to offer a deal, lets see how it goes. :D

:loveawd:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
By the way, assuming we get enough people, I'm in for TWO!

That takes us down to 8 units left from the start!

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5 Premium
515 Posts
It's not unusual for this source to have Yakima racks (maker of the 'Subaru' model). That exact model is pictured, and other models available as well. 10% off is the norm for them. Usually I get the notice by e-mail if you're on their e-mail list.
All Yakima Rack Systems - ORS Racks Direct Specializes in Cargo Box, Ski, Kayak, Canoe, Surfboard, Bike Rack Solutions from Yakima Racks

You'll probably need to order the mounts to fit the Outback directly from a Suby parts place (about $18 plus shipping/pair), or from a dealer (about $28/pair). I wouldn't get the Universal Mighty Mounts unless you want to use them on a variety of cars. They're more expensive, add about an inch to the height, and are more fuss to use.

·
Vendor
703 Posts
It's not unusual for this source to have Yakima racks (maker of the 'Subaru' model). That exact model is pictured, and other models available as well. 10% off is the norm for them. Usually I get the notice by e-mail if you're on their e-mail list.
All Yakima Rack Systems - ORS Racks Direct Specializes in Cargo Box, Ski, Kayak, Canoe, Surfboard, Bike Rack Solutions from Yakima Racks

You'll probably need to order the mounts to fit the Outback directly from a Suby parts place (about $18 plus shipping/pair), or from a dealer (about $28/pair). I wouldn't get the Universal Mighty Mounts unless you want to use them on a variety of cars. They're more expensive, add about an inch to the height, and are more fuss to use.

The Fork Mounted Carrier does not require any additional hardware or clamps. The Upright carrier includes the clamps from us within the group buy.

Thank you,
-Benny

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bump. Anyone else interested? If you are not for some reason, let me/them know why!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a 2-bike hitch carrier, looking for 4-5 bike capability, thus the need for roof racks. Have not found a hitch carrier to hold more than 2 bikes that i actually trust or like.

·
Vendor
703 Posts
As this thread is created within the Vendor's section and pertains to a group buy please do not participate unless you have questions about the products being offered or are interested in the group buy.

We are trying to keep the thread as clean as possible to gauge interest.

Thank you ,
-Benny

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
does the fork mount rack fit bikes with disc brakes?
From the research I've done:

Yes this mount it supposed to be fairly universal. You would have to get an adapter if you have a thru-axle, but for normal forks just about anything should fit.

My mtb has hydraulic disc brakes. I expect it will work fine, but do plan to fashion a little "block" to stick in between the pistons to prevent popping them out. Mechanical disc should be just fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If this is off topic, please forgive me.

what is the difference between Subaru part numbers Mounting Clamps - E361SAJ800 & Mounting Clamps - E361SXA100? they are both the same price.

I have a Thule roof mounted bike carrier but I need the adapters for the factory installed cross bars on the 2013 Outback, (the side rails that pivot across the roof).

thank you

·
Registered
12' Outback 2.5i premium
36 Posts
We have not read anything or had any issues with this in the past, Can you tell us what model bike you have?
i have a mongoose full suspension mountain bike, on my old car i had a rocky mounts bike rack and it had a cutout for the brake caliper

·
Vendor
703 Posts
I visited Rocky Mounts site I could not find anything specific for disc brake bikes, I would like to see an image of it mounted to see of any clearance issues but once again we have not seen any issues.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts