Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this generation of Subaru. I'm sorry if this has been covered before. Just got me an 06 Outback and i was wondering if the dash cluster (Speedo) from a 05 GT would be a plug and play swap? I like the looks of the dark tinted cover and the red lines on the cluster. I know the tinted cover will prob just swap over, but i want the red circles too.

Thanks in advance....
Rob
:confused:

·
Registered
Lawn ornament XT
14,366 Posts
I know the GT/XT cluster won't work right in a 6-cyl car, the gauges read inaccurately. It might work in a 4-cyl.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would be taking one from a turbo 4cyl going into a n/a 4cyl. I guess i will just have to try it and see what happens...

·
Registered
Car: 2008 Tribeca, 2010 LGT, Sold: 2005 XT Limited
2,926 Posts
I doubt the turbo will work with the NA. Too many differences.

·
Registered
2012 STI, 2007 Impreza RS
131 Posts
Hey did this work. I am looking for a cluster from a 05 OBW XT manual. Wondered if the NA cluster would work.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I believe the replacement dash has to be programmed to your key as the immobiliser is in the dash but would like to know as I was also looking at doing this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got it to power up, does the sweep and the car will start..... for 2 seconds then shuts off. I just haven't tried to see if the dealer can reprogram it to the car.

·
Premium Member
2008 3.0R L.L. Bean (Brownie), 2006 Forester X Premium (Frankie), 1999 Forester L (Walter), 1995 Legacy Outback (Old Blue)
235 Posts
I would not have guessed that changing the instrument cluster would keep the car from running...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts