Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys thanks for all the help so far with my Head Gasket project on my EJ25 04 legacy. I found this nasty yellow build up on a vacuum line coming off the intake manifold. I was going to see if anyone had any ideas on how to get rid of this junk so it doesn't accumulate again when I put the intake back on and start driving again. The hose isn't an original hose, the original broke about 30,000 miles ago and I just fixed it with some spare hose I had lying around. I was wondering if someone could suggest the correct hose to buy and possibly see what the cause of it may be. Thanks guys!

Attachments

·
Registered
'03 Outback H6-3.0 Black Granite Pearl, base model with cold weather package and cloth seats.
1,062 Posts
Are we looking at the PCV valve, and it's hose? And is that the hose above the valve, turned up?

Looks like the gunk was in the hose, and spilled onto the valve when you removed the hose.

Is the PCV still functional? If it's not opening properly, the build up may be resolved by replacing the valve to ensure proper flow.

Is the other end of the hose clear? IE, could the exhausted vapors and oil make it thru the hose, into the manifold?

·
Registered
01 Outback LL Bean
2,429 Posts
That is your PCV valve and that looks like coolant and oil mixing. After fixing the HG and cleaning everything out you should be good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts