Subaru Outback Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Also, there is no way for a customer to test both extremes (hot and cold) in one test drive. Personally, I would want to try at least one extreme before buying this. Trust, but verify.
I agree, that is why I tend to rent vehicles I am interested in as part of my decision making process.

Is this your first experience interacting with humans?
Welcome to our world. I hope you enjoy your visit.
I don't play well with others. Comes from a life time of telling computers what to do, they listen better than humans...then there is that whole issue of being a border line sociopath. :unsure:

·
Super Moderator
9,603 Posts
I agree, that is why I tend to rent vehicles I am interested in as part of my decision making process.

I don't play well with others. Comes from a life time of telling computers what to do, they listen better than humans...then there is that whole issue of being a border line sociopath. :unsure:
I always just assumed you worked in management.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm no "expert" and have not done any in depth studies, but I do have a few years under my belt. I can only assume that 100's of starting and stopping the engine can't have some effect on the engine, and probably not a good one. Lubricating issues certainly come to mind. Wear and tear also certainly come to mind. On a global scale quite a bit of fuel is saved, on a personal scale it is almost insignificant, and has to be held up against any repairs that may result from it. IMHO, I'll pass on it.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Man, I just had a great idea I should submit... tie the DriverFocus system into stop/start so that another condition for the start part wold be you are not distracted. Yeah, that’s the ticket.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
I always just assumed you worked in management.
Nah, started programming in 1969 as a programmer trainee for the Navy, it's all I've ever done.

These days I'm mostly retired, playing golf a couple times a week and annoying folks on internet forums. Still work one day a week for a client that just won't let go.

They just add the "borderline" tag on there to help smooth the transition through denial.
I know, sort of like being a little bit pregnant.

I just do what the voices in my head tell me to do. :eek:

41 - 49 of 49 Posts