Subaru Outback Forums banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
3,522 Posts
What ever happened to the main reason people used to buy a car: "It's a pleasure to drive".
Has that ever been the main reason most people buy a car? I would think looks and how well it will do what they need it to do would have always been the top two. Not necessarily in that order. Pleasure to drive might be a nice bonus factor, but I don't know that it is a main reason for choosing what to buy.

·
Registered
263 Posts
That reason is still there for some of us. My Corvette is a pleasure to drive as is our Camaro. The Caddy CTS was a fantastic car to drive but just a tad too small. My OB was not a pleasure to drive nor is my wife's Forester.

"A pleasure to drive" is still a reason to buy a car...also a reason to get rid of a car that provides little pleasure.
So having to hit 3 "buttons" taking a few seconds each time you start the car makes a car unpleasurable to you?...WOW!!!!!

·
Registered
339 Posts
So having to hit 3 "buttons" taking a few seconds each time you start the car makes a car unpleasurable to you?...WOW!!!!!
No, for me that's an annoyance. I do find it cumulatively annoying though, to some extent, which is likely a personal thing.
Having the car shudder-to-start, 75% of the time, when I forgot to turn it off, that removes a lot from the whole experience, IMHO. Kind of like when you close the door on a car and it sounds "tinny", instead of solid.

·
Registered
263 Posts
No, for me that's an annoyance. I do find it cumulatively annoying though, to some extent, which is likely a personal thing.
Having the car shudder-to-start, 75% of the time, when I forgot to turn it off, that removes a lot from the whole experience, IMHO. Kind of like when you close the door on a car and it sounds "tinny", instead of solid.
I assume you tested out the s/s system when you were in the process of evaluating the vehicle. It did not bother you then? I personally decided it was not a big deal to shut it off when I turned on the vehicle....sort of a checklist before taking flight.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I assume you tested out the s/s system when you were in the process of evaluating the vehicle. It did not bother you then? I personally decided it was not a big deal to shut it off when I turned on the vehicle....sort of a checklist before taking flight.
Yep, sure did, but realistically, there aren't a lot of other options, and I'm a pretty long-time Subie fan (early 90's), and our 2010 was getting old enough that we were ready to upgrade.
Which AWD wagons provide for non-latched Auto-S/S systems, in newer model years? ;-]

·
Registered
143 Posts
Which AWD wagons provide for non-latched Auto-S/S systems, in newer model years? ;-]

Honda has a really smooth restart. The DW has an 08' Civic Hybrid (BTW, I'll not buy anything needing more than one battery, ever again..... 'cept maybe a diesel) with a little 1300cc engine, so it doesn't take much to restart. It is buttery smooth restart and their CVT has no shift points. Very smooth for a 12YO cage with the tech of the time.

ALSO, I'll not suggest any other new Hondas ever again. Heck I'll never own another, bad taste in the mouth because of how I was treated. All I'll say: "warranty" was not honored. Their corp view of the "customer" is very distorted.

Sorry, I've not seen/driven a S/S Subie, so can't compare.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts