Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He all,
I got the '12 outback with the Harmon Kardon stereo and the display on the head unit looks pretty good. Is there any input to the unit for video? like, for instance, a reverse camera? It sure would be nice if that would be possible. I do suspect it can be done, but have not found any information on the unit yet. Any input would be appreciated.

Aloha!

·
Premium Member
2012 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited
961 Posts
Why not just get the rearview mirror with the camera from the dealer?? My OB came with it...not sure if it was optional or standard.

However, if you really want the headunit to display the back, then i think that the 2013 OB has the rearview display in the headunit.

·
Registered
'15 STi and '13 GTI
1,009 Posts
He all,
I got the '12 outback with the Harmon Kardon stereo and the display on the head unit looks pretty good. Is there any input to the unit for video? like, for instance, a reverse camera? It sure would be nice if that would be possible. I do suspect it can be done, but have not found any information on the unit yet. Any input would be appreciated.

Aloha!
No, the screen isn't meant or built for displaying video, the screen certainly isn't high enough resolution to show video. Your only options are to install an aftermarket one or get the factory rear view mirror (standard with the sunroof package).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts