Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
again just new to these boards.. thought i'd post a pic of my 2004 Outback. Some may not like it.... heard the word Rice used alot on some other boards.. but to be honest.. Subarus made in japan.. and rice is something they eat :p

i will tell you this if people on the other boards i was on knew i even owned a japanese car they would disown me. anyways here a pic of my car.

Attachments

·
Administrator
4,270 Posts
GOD I LOVE THAT HOOD!!! :10: :10: :10:

Question, do you have problems with water, dust, or anything else getting into your engine bay with the hood scoops on the hood? That thing looks soo **** good, but I'd end up hating it in the rain or snow (which we get a lot of here in the Midwest).

BTW, FYI to any ignorant fools who call any Subaru a ricer:

Subarus are not rice cars, there is nothing you can do to make them rice cars. Rice cars usually lack a thing called "torque" in their engines no matter how much turboing, fart canning, or body kitting you do to them. I have NEVER seen any Subaru that would fit the stereotypical Rice mold. If anyone you know ever calls or refers to a Subaru as a ricer please send them my way and I'll deal with them!

:behead: :xnuts: :twak:

Sorry for the rant :soapbox:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
injektilo said:
:eek:

I love those wheels! Are they prodrive? I wouldn't consider your car rice. Very clean looking in my opinion.

nope i wish they were prodrives.. which are Rays Wheels anyways.. they aren't cheap.. i thought of getting them but i drive this car everywhere and i don't wanna worry about it.. they are cheaper 18 inch Velox rims with the center caps off.. cuz they look ugly on.''

oh and thanks ;)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cao Cao said:
GOD I LOVE THAT HOOD!!! :10: :10: :10:

Question, do you have problems with water, dust, or anything else getting into your engine bay with the hood scoops on the hood? That thing looks soo **** good, but I'd end up hating it in the rain or snow (which we get a lot of here in the Midwest).

as for the dust.. well i did have the car out when we had those huge ass fires out in in the west and yeah it got soot all over the place but then again have you even seen it rain soot!

as for rain yeah not the best... the scoop near the front of the hood kinda not too good for rain... but they do make a rain guard for it that i haven't got yet... i actually am going tomorrow to get another hood with out the opening towards the front of the hood... so i may sell this current hood.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey MaverickOutback,

Where is that carbon fiber hood from? Are there any flat ones w/o the hood scoops that will fit my non turbo baja?
fxt

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the hood is from VIS.. i just ordered one with just the Hood Scoop without the rally vent. when it comes i'll see the one you see in the pic for like 300 bucks... the thing is like brand new.. er uh becuas eit is. ;) anyways they don't have a OEM one. i do know there is one company out there that carries it however i don't know about the quality. and yes it should fit a baja

·
Registered
20 Posts
i need to twin turbo a H6 and that is a nice outback.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Outback onsight...
1,264 Posts
HOW MANY BAGS OF RICE

I imagine an outback can haul alot of rice! By the way Subaru's are made in the USA now . Engineered in Japan

NIce hood!

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Re: HOW MANY BAGS OF RICE

scooby said:
I imagine an outback can haul alot of rice! By the way Subaru's are made in the USA now . Engineered in Japan

NIce hood!
Only for the North American market. Everyone else still gets better built Japanese cars.

The B9 Tribeca may become the firt US built Subaru to be distributed outside of North America. That is not certain yet, will depend on the B9's success.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
i've heard that they only build real OBs in Lafayette, but that the lesser Impreza based ones are still built in Nippon.

which brings up: does anyone know where to find rising sun battle flag graphics or sticker.....?? lotsa bubbas here who need to be rrminded who REALLY "won" the war. (trivia item: did you know that the Mazda factory, in Hiroshima, was up and making vehicles again by the end of 1945...? no wonder they think American workers are lazy and unmotivated...)

you can call my car a ricer, but only if it's brown basmati. :p

BTW, Mav, love the car. we won't tell the Phord guys abt it. now do some stuff to it like you've done to the rustangs and go trounce them on a twisty road. :D

·
Registered
174 Posts
Impreza and Forester are built in Japan. BTW, everyone's thoughts on the just released photo's of the 2006 Forester?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
12 Participants
Karl_at_VanBortel
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing