Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Outback LL Bean H6
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my H6 for about a month now...decided to do some maintenance and the CEL light is on (it's the cats, see my previous thread).

At 120k miles and not much vehicle history, I decided to change the spark plugs, wires and PCV valve this weekend.

I ordered the parts from partsgeek, but when I opened the box with the "wires" all that was in the box were 6 plastic pieces, they look like the boots only, and some springs. Am I missing the wires, or is that all there is?

I have peaty's write up saved for changing the plugs on the 3.0, but think I know now why nobody mentions changing the wires! I guess I assumed at $60 a set I would receive the coil, wires, etc. .

Thanks in advance for any input!

·
Meh.
I has wagons.
12,372 Posts
Coil on plug design.

·
Premium Member
(formerly) 03 H6 OBW , (presently) 06 WRX Sportwagon & 2021 Honda CR-V
18,647 Posts
souds like you got just the boots for the coil-packs.

or you paid a huge amount of money for the 6 packs.

do they look like this entire thing or just the 'snout' part? ;

·
Registered
2002 Outback LL Bean H6
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks,

I only received the red "snout" portion, not the coil packs.

Should I even bother replacing them?

·
Registered
2002 Outback LL Bean H6
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now I get it!

I ordered the parts on my lunch break to make sure they would be shipped before the weekend...should have paid more attention/been better prepared.

Now that I look at the website again I see the picture of spark plugs says "not vehicle specific" and it clearly states coil on plug boots.

Thanks again for the help!

·
Premium Member
(formerly) 03 H6 OBW , (presently) 06 WRX Sportwagon & 2021 Honda CR-V
18,647 Posts
if they weren't expensive, you could just keep them and replace. Might not be worth the postage to return. Your call. Mine were is good shape and I had no problem re-using the entire original coilpacks. I suspect most people re-use them as-is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts