Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
'03 Outback H6-3.0 Black Granite Pearl, base model with cold weather package and cloth seats.
1,093 Posts
Has anyone actually tried one of these? I need one now, so I'm going to try one of these.

AUTOPART INTERNATIONAL - Rear Muffler - Part Number: 2103-49865 - Vault Automotive Systems | 100619-1427.nexpartb2c.com

Any comments, good or bad, please chime in ASAP.

thanks,

·
Registered
'03 Outback H6-3.0 Black Granite Pearl, base model with cold weather package and cloth seats.
1,093 Posts
Follow-up.

I bought one of these, and had it installed. Fit was just fine, no problems with the installation.
Finish is black paint, and it's kind of fragile, flaking off in some areas. Not sure what is under the paint...
No performance issues detected.

Sound is the big difference. Much "throatier" than the factory quiet version. Not bad, just louder.

We'll see how it holds up over time in salty winter Wisconsin/Minnesota.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I was concerned about the actual functionality of the bypass as well. My mechanic, who installed it, seemed to think there were functional guts in there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.