Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Lord of ScoobyMods, ,
19' Impreza Sport 5 dr / 01' Forester S / 13' OB CVT / 10' Legacy 3.6R / 99 Mita MX-5
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone do a spark plug change on an H6 yet? I haven't but a friend needs the plugs changed on his LLBean OB. I'm going to do it and put up a Scoobymods page but I was looking for any pointers or heads up on the procedure. I'm guessing it's similar to doing a WRX like I've done before just two more plugs or 50% more swearing depending on how you look at it...

Peaty

·
Registered
2002 LL Bean (H6)
2 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up on the plug change Peaty. But do you, or anyone else, know of a Bosch Platinum 4 spark plug that is interchangeable with the standard NGK "PLFR6A-11" plug? Should be a whole lot cheaper, and possibly the NGKs equal.

·
Lord of ScoobyMods, ,
19' Impreza Sport 5 dr / 01' Forester S / 13' OB CVT / 10' Legacy 3.6R / 99 Mita MX-5
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do not use the Bosch +4's trust me, the NGK's cost more but they are worth it.

·
Registered
2002 L.L. Bean Cusco Front & Rear Strut bars,Whiteline Adj. Rear Bar
53 Posts
Peatty, your the man!!. Thanks a bunch for the scoobymod article it really gave me the heads up on what I was in for. I did the plugs today and with a clear idea of what was in store I was able to cruise through it without a curse word and it only took 2-1/2 to 3 hours, after all I was taking my time.
Oh, BTW I found a cheap source for the NGK's through Scottsdale Infinity. It appears that the 350Z uses these plugs when there modified. I got them for 8.25 each and they arrived in 2 days.

·
Lord of ScoobyMods, ,
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Happy to help, did you get them on line or pick them up? Post a link if you ordered them, that's a good price.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The trick is a Nissan Cross-reference.
The Nissan pn# is 22401-5m016. This pn# will ket you NGK PLFR6A-11's heres a link to where I ordered them.
http://performancenissanparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=425
There on there for 8.25 each. I ordered them online, they even called to confirm my order and e-mailed me a tracking#.
They were good to do business with.:D

·
Lord of ScoobyMods, ,
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm gonna cut and past that info in the H6 change page if you don't mind :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
By All means do. After getting quoted 600 bucks for a 60K service I decided to do it myself, Heck I did the 30k, so the big difference was the plugs. The dealer wanted $25.00 each and 90.00 an hour to install:eek: .
The only reason I was planning on taking it in for the 60K was for any possible warranty issues, but the car has performed flawlessly so far. I may still pick up a code reader just for kicks since we have 2 Subys in the family that have over 60K on them. Or I gues I can take them to autozone for a check.

·
Registered
Legacy Wagon L 1995; Ouback LL Bean, 2001
13 Posts
SnowKatt said:
The trick is a Nissan Cross-reference.
The Nissan pn# is 22401-5m016. This pn# will ket you NGK PLFR6A-11's heres a link to where I ordered them.
http://performancenissanparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=425
There on there for 8.25 each.
They seems to become a bit more expensive (9.50) but still I don't get it how such big difference in price is possible -- none other seller seems to have them for less than 15$ I know it sounds stupid since
http://www.endwrench.com/oepropdf/maintenanceparts.pdf
says that OEM 22401AA580 is PLFR6A-11 spark plugs and this nissan store sells PLFR6A-11. but can't be there any difference in something?

BTW - what is actually EZ30D?
on http://replacement.autopartswarehouse.com/parts/autopartswarehouse/wizard.jsp?year=2001&make=SU&model=OUT-4WD3.0-001&category=All&part=Spark Plug&dp=true
they have listed PLFR6A-11* plugs .5$ cheaper than PLFR6A-11. I am just curiouis what am I missing?

·
Registered
Legacy Wagon L 1995; Ouback LL Bean, 2001
13 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts