Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
  • Submissions are now being taken for JUNE OUTBACK OF THE MONTH
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
04 Outback H6
230 Posts
I noticed that the range listed was 01-03 and mine is an 04. I was wondering if they addressed it in 04?

then again there's another person who has an 05 and he had them changed as well.

·
Registered
04 Outback H6
230 Posts
all this is good to know and will save me a few $... I guess I'll pick up the bearings sometime soon and change them out when it gets warm.

The CDN Dealer quoted me $73 / pulley...

·
Registered
04 Outback H6
230 Posts
Alright finally got around to doing this...

I had the bolt & washers (~1.5" wide) from my old bicycle tools (makeshift headset press)

No hammering required to remove the bearings if you use both pulleys (& provided your bolt is long enough). You can use the back of one pulley as part of the press to remove the bearing out of the other.

It'd look like this.

bolt
washers
back of pulley 1
front of pulley 1
front of pulley 2
back of pulley 2
socket (for me it was a 24mm socket)
washers
nut

Thanks again for this thread cause it worked like a charm and you saved me $150 CDN

I'm wondering though, is it advisable to put some threadlock on the pulley bolt for the tensioner? I'm just paranoid that i didn't tighten it enough (cause the tensioner would compress).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.