Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'01 OBW 3.0 VDC 184,000 Miles '19 OB 2.5 Base <2,000 Miles - Formerly '14 Impreza Sedan 2.0 5spd 66,000 Miles at trade-in
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just kidding-
Found out that the passenger drum/ebrake is not working- or not working well enough. Came to a stop on a decently steep hill and pulled the handbrake all the way up.... and we started slowly turning in a clockwise rotation. I have not done any work to this part since owning it and have not noticed an issue until now. This may have been the steepest hill I've ever tried to park on... Any tips for troubleshooting or replacing?

·
Super Moderator
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
7,539 Posts
Why not just shut off the engine and put the MT in a lower gear (the Rover, not the OP)?

·
Premium Member
(formerly) 03 H6 OBW , (presently) 06 WRX Sportwagon & 2021 Honda CR-V
18,329 Posts
Why not just shut off the engine and put the MT in a lower gear (the Rover, not the OP)?
in the context of the movie, the rover has no starter either. It's a contrived bit of comedy.

both the Gods Must Be Crazy movies are fun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts