Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new OB 3.6 Limited and have had people tell me that when they hear me using my iPhone hands free, it sounds like i am far away from the mike and hard to understand.

Anyone else have this problem? Do I have it set up wrong? Should the volume on my iPhone be louder?

Help?

·
Registered
2011 3.6R Limited in Graphite Gray; 2012 Impreza Premium Wagon: WANTED: 2015 Forester XT Touring in Black...
6 Posts
Yes our 2011 OB has poor Bluetooth phone sound, and we use the iPhone as well. No idea if there is a fix. Best, Nick.

·
Registered
2012 Ouback 2.5 CVT
417 Posts
I have an Android phone and this was one of the first things I tested out with my wife and friends and they can hear me perfectly clear no complaints. A friend of mine has an Iphone 4 and I remember him telling me they had lots of problems with the low volume on calls. Apple says one solution is a hard reset will fix it.

·
Registered
2012,OB 3.6R Limited/Moonroof Pkg.
129 Posts
I have an Android also and I ahve no problem hearing them and and hear me clearly as well.

·
Registered
2013 & 2014 Outback
268 Posts
I too have an android and have no issues with the sound quality. I do have a question. It seems that the radio changes volume between the radio and the phone. (Radio at 21, Phone on 8) My question is, can you adjust the bass/treble on just the phone setting ?

·
Registered
2013 Limited w/EyeSight
352 Posts
I've used it (2013 EyeSight model) with iPhone 4, 5, OS ver 5.1 and 6 both phones. Some family and associates say it's pretty much as good as any hands free phone use or Bluetooth device they know I've used.

FWIW: I just helped a friend set up his new Toyota and somebody else set up electronics and phone in a new Buick. Those two now have me dismiss the complaints for the Subaru nav and electronics.

·
Registered
'14 3.6R Outback
2,345 Posts
Android and friends 4S works so good, most people think I'm calling from a landline.

For what it's worth a few people had to have their mic's replaced because of this issue. Remember the mic is above your head near the map lights too. I'd take it to the dealer if the issue continues, but try it with a different phone first.

·
Registered
2011 3.6R Limited in Graphite Gray; 2012 Impreza Premium Wagon: WANTED: 2015 Forester XT Touring in Black...
6 Posts
Has anyone been to a dealer to request help with lousy fidelity with their phones and Bluetooth feature? Any cures available or experienced?

Best, Nick.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts