Subaru Outback Forums banner

Hankook DynaPro ATM 235/65/17 Tire Pressure

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  MiddleAgeSubie 
#1 ·
I have a 2018 Subaru Outback Premium and recently had a set of Hankook DynaPro ATM tires installed. They are 235/65/17 and I am wondering what a good PSI is? Factory says 35lbs but thats also for the stock 225/65/17. Should I set at 35? My daily driving is on the highway. I know PSI is somewhat subjective but I'd like a good starting point and adjust from there if need be. Thanks!

#4 ·
The stock size of the V gen is actually a very nice one, providing good ride quality on and off pavement without being "too much tire" for mountain or canyon roads. You will be even better off at 235 65 17, so you could do +3 psi.

However, if your door posted pressures are similar to Gen IV, 32/30, then you will be better off staying with those as you could switch between paved and dirt roads with no downsides of any kind. 35 is a little high for dirt, esp for washboard, even in that size.

Although there are more recent designs around, the Dynapro is supposed to be a really nice all-around tire and thus a great fit for an Outback.

Reactions: WES4BECK
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.