Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5 CVT All-Weather/Alloy Package, Graphite Gray
Joined
·
199 Posts
Same to you...and the awesome left-over ham sandwiches with Mr. Mustard Hot. :29:
 

·
Premium Member
2013 Outback 3.6R Ltd- Nav, Eyesight, HK, Graphite Gray Metallic
Joined
·
815 Posts


Happy Easter to you as well.
 

·
Registered
2010 OB 3.6R limited
Joined
·
3,289 Posts
Happy Easter to all.... please remember to bring family for Church for Easter service........ and egg hunt if you have little ones.
 

·
Premium Member
'02 Bean H6, AWP & ORP, factory hitch
Joined
·
3,113 Posts
Indeed. Church tomorrow am. And next Sun, and the next..... You might like it! Our church band (yes, band) sports 2 lead electric guitars, 1 bass, all can play acoustic, 9pc drums w/acoustic shield, keyboardist, and bongos. No hymns in my church! Worth going just to hear the talent. No pews either, regular chairs. We are about 300 strong in the middle of the Bible Belt. The other churches don't like us, too bad!
 

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
Joined
·
17,619 Posts
my dog started celebrating early.

Ate a pound of Hershey's miniature chocolate eggs - and the foil wrappers.

We discovered what he did soon enough to give him some hydrogen peroxide to make him puke it up.

He's OK. If it had been a pound of dark or bakers chocolate, might have been dicey.
 

·
Premium Member
'02 Bean H6, AWP & ORP, factory hitch
Joined
·
3,113 Posts
Sounds like a part in the Cheech&Chong movie "Up in Smoke" lol But seriously, good thing he yacked it up. I've heard chocolate is not good for dogs for some reason.
 

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
Joined
·
17,619 Posts
Sounds like a part in the Cheech&Chong movie "Up in Smoke" lol But seriously, good thing he yacked it up. I've heard chocolate is not good for dogs for some reason.
both the theobromine and the caffeine are toxic. I dunno if a dog could eat enough white chocolate to show symptoms. Or enough milk chocolate to die, but dark chocolate or cocoa powder will throw them into convulsions and can kill them.
 

·
Premium Member
'02 Bean H6, AWP & ORP, factory hitch
Joined
·
3,113 Posts
both the theobromine and the caffeine are toxic. I dunno if a dog could eat enough white chocolate to show symptoms. Or enough milk chocolate to die, but dark chocolate or cocoa powder will throw them into convulsions and can kill them.

Not worth the risk. You did the right thing.
 

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
Joined
·
17,619 Posts
Not worth the risk. You did the right thing.
oh yeah, if it had happened unattended, he would have been ill; hyperactive, thirsty, alteredt behavior, diarrhea,etc.

It was an accident, my wife has been staying at her Mom's during the week to help with surgery recovery and just left some bag with these chocolates on the floor fridaay night. We even heard the rustling but mistook it for the cats playing in this cat-toy tunnel gadget that makes a rustling sound. I discovered the empty package maybe 20-30 minutes after he ate the contents. He didn't actually digest much based on the amount he brought up. It was sparkly too!

the chocolates were a variety including dark, milk, 'krackle' and peanut so, overall, not as dangerous. The vet didn't seemed too concerned on the phone, but, yeah, glad we made him regurge.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top