Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on the maintenance forum also, but I do not know if everyone checks it or not. I am looking at a 05OBXT 5 speed. It is really hard to shift from 2, 3, 4, 5. I really have to pull hard to get it to slide into gear. The fluid was low, and now it has been filled. I have not gone back to the dealer to see if it is still that way. Any idea's on why it is so hard to put into gear? There is a whining noise and it clicks at low speeds, only going forward. Any idea's?? The dealer said he would do the timing belt tune-up, and that it might need a pressure plate later. I have heard shifter bushing, linkage bushing?? Help please. Buy or not to buy. Thanks

·
Registered
Car: 2008 Tribeca, 2010 LGT, Sold: 2005 XT Limited
2,926 Posts
Clutch not disengaging?

I wouldn't buy a car from a dealer that is running perfectly. You're paying a premium buying from a dealer, so they better give you a nice car in good shape.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought about that, so I will drive it again tomorrow and see. With 121k, I think I will take the timing belt tune up vs the trans. The trans I can fix, or replace, the timing belt, no clue. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts