Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
18 Outback 3.6R limited is on the way should be here middle of August. I would some love some ideas from people who did upgrades to their system.

crm

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
For what it's worth, I've been pleased with the 2 Subarus I've had with the HK sound system. What exactly are you looking to upgrade? Bass, Sub, etc?

I am almost positive the head unit has CarPlay on it too. People have been going bonkers waiting for that.

I've found that the Subaru HK system had a full, rich sound on my 09 Legacy and my 11 Outback. I prefer it much more than the Honda system, whatever they're using, sounds too tinny, even with playing with treble settings.

·
Registered
'13 Outback 3.6R
78 Posts
I would recommend sitting in the car and listening to the HK system first before planning to much.

We have both an OB and a Legacy. The OB HK has a pretty nice sound stage and some adjustability, just needs a little more bass, but the Legacy paled by comparison. Not sure what happened between the years/models, but I had to revamp the Legacy system to get the sound where I wanted it. Ended up adding a DSP and new amps + speakers. World of difference.

Here is what I did to the Legacy, keeping the stock HU so as not to lose the integration: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/factory-stereo-upgrade-260768.html

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm coming from a 14q50 with bose, really like the bass. I'm not sure if the HK is going to have enough for my liking.

crm

·
Registered
'13 Outback 3.6R
78 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.