Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2016 3.6R Limited
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was curious to hear if anyone on here has installed Raptor headers on their 3.6R. I have a 2016, and have been considering it, but wanted to hear if anyone has had experience with them.

Thanks!

·
Brucey
'17 3.6
11,292 Posts
They won't fit the Gen 5 even though on the site they say they do. You either have to extend them about an inch to clear the frame or use a 1" spacer between the header and the block. Doing that requires changing the lugs in the block for longer versions.

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,119 Posts
The 2015 on up have a bit of a fitment issue. They actually need to be extended to work and clear properly. Extended from the head flange side...kind of a pita. See @Brucey 's .... thread where he sold his.

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,119 Posts
They won't fit the Gen 5 even though on the site they say they do. You either have to extend them about an inch to clear the frame or use a 1" spacer between the header and the block. Doing that requires changing the lugs in the block for longer versions.
What he said....

·
Brucey
'17 3.6
11,292 Posts
Further information from now defunct skunk works project:

I tried dry fitting them. They specifically hit the front sway bar and a bolt on the sub frame. I suppose if you removed those bolts and the front sway bar (or spaced the sway bar up) they could possibly fit without issue.

I didn't care that much.

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 3.6R Limited
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting. I thought I had read something on one of his FB posts that they came out with one that will fit the 16'. Good to know though. Appreciate the info, guys!

·
Brucey
'17 3.6
11,292 Posts
Interesting. I thought I had read something on one of his FB posts that they came out with one that will fit the 16'. Good to know though. Appreciate the info, guys!
I can show you my discussions with raptor but basically the answer is it will work but require modification.

Someone did it with a legacy 3.6 then promptly sold it.

·
Registered
2016 3.6R Limited
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got it. Really good to know! Thanks for the info. Are you running any sort of catback?

·
Premium Member
2014 Outback 3.6R Limited
125 Posts
4 questions:
Will Raptor Headers fit a 2014 3.6?
What is the name of Raptors web site? (A direct result does not come up when I search Raptor Headers).
What other exhaust system parts are necessary to use them? (And whats the preferred brand?).

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,194 Posts
4 questions:
Will Raptor Headers fit a 2014 3.6?
What is the name of Raptors web site? (A direct result does not come up when I search Raptor Headers).
What other exhaust system parts are necessary to use them? (And whats the preferred brand?).
part of the supercharger kit. @traildogck has installed and or worked on a friend's 2010-14 outback 3.6 with raptor stuff on it like headers.
(maybe the supercharger is in hand now).

Subaru Liberty/Legacy 5Gen 3.6R Supercharger Kit | Raptor Superchargers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts