Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving and my nav screen changed to indicate I had a text message! I hit a button and a voice read the message. Awesome. I then discovered there are a bunch of automated replies already in place, or you can make your own. I selected one of the replies and hit send, and got an error message that only said it was an error. My phone was hooked up to the navi v ia bluetooth. The message came in fine. I tried to reply with the vehicle stopped and moving. What am I doing wrong? I think I have looked at all of the settings.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Seriously though, are you using an iPhone or Droid? My wife's 2011 Sonata Bluetooth has a separate link for phone - activating a "phone" screen - and another for auxiliary - activating other features on her iPhone 4S, like iTunes or texting - she might even have some email capabilities. I know she gets a "bing" when she gets an email. Sounds like you might need to drill down through some sub-menus on the nav system. Good luck.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Using an iPhone5. Everything other then replying to a text seems to work. I have spoken with Subaru Customer Service and they have yet to reply with a solution. I have also inquired with Fitjitsu and no reply from them either.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Using an iPhone5. Everything other then replying to a text seems to work. I have spoken with Subaru Customer Service and they have yet to reply with a solution. I have also inquired with Fitjitsu and no reply from them either.
hmorse - did you find out anything more about the iphone pairing for text?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just picked up my 2013 OB last Saturday. Loving it thus far but the text messaging... I get notifications that I have a new text but the system cannot retrieve messages. (It could not retrieve messages when we paired the phone at the dealership either.) I'm guessing this is an incompatiblity with my (dumb) phone (Samsung Intensity II). Anybody have any ideas on this or where I can find more info? (No luck with manual.)

·
Premium Member
7,529 Posts
Remove and re-connect (pair) it again. I have a Samsung (military specs) as well and it works fine although with hickups...keeps connecting and disconnecting randomly.
Make sure you turn your cell phone completely off at least once-a-day.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That will not do it. Subaru is now saying they have only fully tested a couple of phones, but the iPhone (the world's most popular), was not one of them!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm trying to get txt msg to work with my 2013 Outback Nav & my LG Spectrum (Verizon).. calling works. Txt msg... doesn't work at all. Any ideas?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rotsa Ruck! I am meeting with a Subaru engineer at my dealership on tuesday, to prove my iPhone 5 has the same issue. Of course it will never be Subaru's fault, someone else's. Such BS!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bluetooth Issues

My 2013 Outback will only show the name of an incoming caller as UNKNOWN but will display the phone number, even though both the name and number have been downloaded into the phonebook. My system will READ the text but not allow me to hit a presupplied response and then hit send. I get an error message. I met with the factory rep and he says "This is not right", and ordered me a new navi head. No idea if there has been a fix or upgrade, but I will advise the list when it is installed.

Still trying to figure out how to manually put a name and number in speed dial list

·
Registered
23 Posts
Text reply issues with the 2014 and Iphone.

Rotsa Ruck! I am meeting with a Subaru engineer at my dealership on tuesday, to prove my iPhone 5 has the same issue. Of course it will never be Subaru's fault, someone else's. Such BS!!

I am amazed that Subaru had a year to fix the issue and did nothing regarding the text reply.

Did they fix the volume of the NAV yet. You have to put the volume down so low, its almost off the scale or you will pop an ear drum.
Crawford

·
Registered
1 Posts
2014 OB with iphone5

I can't retrieve messages, my phone book is in. I tried it in park with the parking break on and that didn't seem to work. Is there a YouTube video. Did you find out the issue.
Thanks
Tammy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts