Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Outback Premium w/Eyesight package #14
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put 245-65-17's on an *unlifted* *2018* 2.5i yet? The plastic wheel wells may be different due to attempts at reducing the noise part of NVH and I'd like to know if anyone has experience rubbing. Thank you! :)

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6R Limited
238 Posts
Has anyone put 245-65-17's on an *unlifted* *2018* 2.5i yet? The plastic wheel wells may be different due to attempts at reducing the noise part of NVH and I'd like to know if anyone has experience rubbing. Thank you! :)

I had 245-65-17s on an unlifted 2018 3.6r. The fit on the 2.5 and 3.6 should be the same. There was very minor rubbing while reversing with the wheels were at full turn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Outback Premium w/Eyesight package #14
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. Your outback looks FANTASTIC! A few questions: What is the brand of spare tire carrier and what was the cost? What tires are you running and how do you like them? Do you have rear traffic alert that needed to be turned off for that? Thanks :) Also you used past tense twice. Do you still have your vehicle?

I had 245-65-17s on an unlifted 2018 3.6r. The fit on the 2.5 and 3.6 should be the same. There was very minor rubbing while reversing with the wheels were at full turn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6R Limited
238 Posts
Thanks for your reply. Your outback looks FANTASTIC! A few questions: What is the brand of spare tire carrier and what was the cost? What tires are you running and how do you like them? Do you have rear traffic alert that needed to be turned off for that? Thanks Also you used past tense twice. Do you still have your vehicle?

Thanks @Brad99.

The spare tire carrier was a Thule Vertex bike carrier in its past life....I got a crazy idea and it worked out....total cost of materials and used bike rack was about $200. I discussed the process on this forum.
Hitch mount spare tire carrier on 1.25" / 2" hitches
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=90850&share_tid=426521&share_pid=4875057&url=http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/showthread.php?p=4875057&share_type=t
I am running Falken Wildpeak AT3 tires on the Motegi wheels....I love the tires, they are lighter than the KO2s and my local tire shop swears by them.

I have the rear traffic alert and it is automatically disabled when I am backing up.

Lastly, I still have my car, however, I put on a 2inch lift from LP a month or so ago so.......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts