Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 wrx
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling Subaru exclusively for the past 4 years I have heard so many "Subaru saved my life" stories, from multiple rollovers/high impact collisions. Subaru has been know as one of the safest vehicle brands around for years.

Lets hear what Subaru has done to save you!

2018 Subaru Outback

·
Brucey
'17 3.6
11,287 Posts
We were sitting still waiting to make a left hand turn earlier this year and someone drove into us at 50 mph.

Totalled the bug eye but we walked away.

Dog wasn't as lucky but he wasn't buckled.

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,306 Posts
Photobucket ate my pics of Solstice's (1996 Legacy Outback) death.

Lower speed (under 35MPH) offset head on collision. Killed the car as the impact snapped the timing belt and junked the engine in addition to the notable front end damage.

I walked away without a scratch...except knowing I had just killed my wife's car.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,193 Posts
a few years back went out to the grocery store, 20 miles away. 20% chance of precipitation. I took my VDC equipped wagon with studded snow tires.

on the return trip, last 10 miles were a sheet of ice from freezing rain, and it caught the municipal sanders/ plows off guard.

the only vehicles I seen in the last 10 miles, were a state trooper with a Tahoe on studded snows, parked next to a abandon Malibu in the ditch.

glad I did not meet the Malibu while it was loosing it, or anyone else.

just a regular day in rural america.

·
Registered
2005 Outback 3.0R VDC/VTD/LSD 5eat , 2.8'' lift
1,682 Posts
maybe its not so much related to subaru , i think there are just lucky accidents and then there are unlucky ones.
with previous car mazda 323f '95 as i did left turn at night, VW golf kissed me at about 50km/h to my side were i was sitting. notin happened to me.just hit head into door glass. after week i was driving car again. fixed it myself in garage. lucky me and the car. golf died there.

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
6,117 Posts

·
Registered
05 GT wagon, 09 Spec B, 18 3.6R Outback
681 Posts
Late last April we were picking friends up from the airport at 8:30PM on a Monday night in our 2016 Outback 3.6R with eyesight.

Just after leaving the airport which puts us right onto a two lane highway, I set the CC to 68mph as we were in the left lane, behind another car, had the distance set at one car length.
Someone in the back seat mentioned about the temperature, so I looked down to the right to adjust the HVAC... we were all thrown into the seatbelts as the car locked up it's brakes. As my eye's came back up I notice the right rear corner of the car we were following a couple feet off your right front fender. Apparently he almost missed the exit ramp we were almost past, that car proceeded off to the right, the Outback resumed on as if nothing happened.

Thank you Subaru for the great eyesight system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts