Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Outback onsight...
'03outback, '98 forester S lifted m/t's, 4eat, lsd
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for an HB4 fog lamp(ION Crystal or yellow lamp 55w) to replace the worthless driving (white )lamps that come factory. I do alot of mountain driving in bad fog ! I have yet to find one help.

I'm also looking for a brush /grille guard to mount aftermarkted driving lamps ........any ideas?

·
Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
6,186 Posts
On your MY03 Outback, do you have the large round 6.5" fogs? If so, you may be able to upgrade to the Hella 500's. I did with my OBS and it was a night and day difference. The reflectors are so much better, and the whole kit can be delivered to your house for under $80 usually. A great upgrade if it fits your vehicle. Brian

·
Registered
02 OB sport, 2.5, 5MT, WRX seats/catback/rear bar, Hellas, Home Despot CAI and roof rack
1,572 Posts
brian--

how'd you mount the Hellas? i don't recall anything down there sturdy enough to hold em steady. but i like the idea!

another semi-unrelated Q, can start new thread on if you think i shd:
i'm a photon phreak who likes as much light as i can get. considering running a wire from high beam positive to the relay for fogs so they stay on whether i'm on high or low beam. who ever got the idea that i don't neeed to see the side of road if i'm on high beams?? altho this seems to be conventional wisdom and in fact is law in many states. we have lots of problems with kamikaze jackrabbits and coyotes out here, not to mention deer.

do you know of any reason (electrical, not legal) that this would be a bad idea on an 02 OBS? i've always wired the fogs on my other cars this way and never regretted it.

thanks! bruce weathers

·
Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
6,186 Posts
I used Kartboy brand mounting brackets, you have to use something because once you pull the old fogs out, the brackets go with it. Go visit Scoobymods.com about your high beam with fogs question. It is illegal here in Nebraska to run that way. Brian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts