Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
  • Submissions are now being taken for JUNE OUTBACK OF THE MONTH
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok....we are figuring out how to handle this repair...is 180miles too many to have a reliable car for the next 200K with the head gasket and timing components replaced...or would it be better to grab a JDM engine with approx 50miles and do the head gaskets on that motor???

thanks guys!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
we are deciding on the best approach to make this car last a few years...it never goes further than 100 miles from home, but is a DD...just don't wanna do this job twice...but with our limited income the least expensive route is also in play...hope this explains my post better...and thanks for your input!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well...the old motor is out...it has the EGR on the intake...new motor doesn't have that...any help on what to do would be appreciated....thanks folks!!

I figured out what I need to do...need a drill-bit size and the tread count/pitch...thanks!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
it took a bit of time....but the engine is now in the car...most stuff bolted up....just gotta hook up fuel and install the rad...is good I have an '89 Cressida and a '95 Powerstroke to keep this place goin'...hopin' to fire it up Monday...my back needs a few days betwixt jobs....;))

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.