·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
27,163 Posts

·
Registered
2005 OBXT Limited, VF37, STI intake, 5MT
1,610 Posts
I can say with confidence that Fel-Pro's aftermarket offering is a highly acceptable alternative to OEM gaskets. 5+ years, over 300K miles (over 50+ cars, 8 of which I keep tabs on), and not a single problem.

The turbo gaskets from Subaru are also very good, but are more "picky" when it comes to surface prep versus FelPro.

It comes down to a cost vs. payoff debate. If you are building a high performance, beat-on-it-daily engine, I'd do the subaru OEM and have the heads and block surface matched. If you're doing a run-of-the-mill NA engine, clean-up the surface and run the Fel-Pros.

·
Registered
2007 Outback LTD
53 Posts
I have used, with great success, the 2010 Beck/Arlney head gaskets on at least three N/A engines. One 2003 and two 2008 engines, these are the three layer non coated type gaskets. I work on these cars for a living and the multi layer gaskets never seem to leak like the coated ones, and Rock Auto sell at a reasonable price. Some of the guys in the shop use the genuine 2010 gaskets or turbo gaskets (again multi layer) but I'm cheap so its the Rock Auto ones for me. Last one had at least 13k on no issues. Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.