Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHY THE FU&^$%&!! IS EVERYBODY HIGHBEAMING ME????
brand new 2020 outback and there are certain places that people think my high beams are on.
they are not on!!!! Im going to get some ditch lights and high beaming back!!!
does any one have this problem with outback head lights being too bright?

·
Registered
2018 3.6r Touring, Black, modifications: 255-55-zr18 Continental DWS06
647 Posts
Occasionally. My 18 3.6 touring has the automated high beam. It won't go to high beam if there is enough light, like street lamps. I have to hold the lever back to keep high beams. Do you drive with fogs on? Even those are pointed down and don't throw a beam high enough to be in oncoming eyes.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2005 Outback Wagon 3.0 L.L. Bean
1,228 Posts
May be just the high contrast color of 6k thats annoying.

·
Registered
2021 MGM Outback 2.5i Premium with Tungsten Grey seats
2,854 Posts
I've had it happen once with my 2021.

Driving to work this morning I noticed several times I might have lowered the high beams but the car didn't.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its the same place every day ,it a darker part of the road.im so tired of it, my kids think its funny.
the dealership says there is nothing wrong with them.

·
Premium Member
2021 OB Touring, 2011 OB Premium
908 Posts
I'd ask the dealership's service department to aim the lights if you haven't had this done already. Aside from that, the cutoff for the beams is so sharp that when you go over bumps, it may appear to other drivers that you are flashing them when in fact, they are getting hit with the "bouncing light" from your low beams.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I removed my 5000K hids and put in 4500k. Flashing from others stopped. A new Wrangler was behind me yesterday. The brightness/ whiteness combined with being rather high off the ground was irritating to me. Too much contrast in the newer ultra white lights.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's happened to me a lot all the way back from when I first got it in January 2020. Sometimes it five or six times a night people flash me with their brights. It's annoying not sure how to fix. I believe two that it's from the cut off being so sharp that they think I'm flashing them. But it's just in low beam.

·
Registered
2018 Outback Premium 2.5
736 Posts
It's fairly common.
Some new vehicles have the lights aimed too high.

Measure them on a wall, if they are too high, lower them.
At about 10'back, the cutoff should be less than the measured height of your headlights from the ground.

If people are flashing you, it's because your headlights are blinding them.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2010 Outback 3.6R 2014 Legacy 2.5i
3,105 Posts
go to dealer and tell them to adjust them down slightly, they should be able to accommodate you

I run HID and I have NEVER been flashed in my 2010 o utback with 2014 Legacy SAP headlights...

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Aim the drivers side a tiny bit lower. I found the mild step in cutoff helps on hids.
The pupil can only adjust so fast. Having the combined shock of both cutoffs arriving at the same time to the retna is bad. The small step seems to help by lessining the shock.

Reactions: Bassman
1 - 12 of 12 Posts