Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,
I have a 2012 Outback with tan cloth interior. While I’ve found the car mostly comfortable, I’m having some ongoing issues with the forward-tilting headrests. I’ve dealt with some crash-related neck injuries, and as a result am very aware of my posture. I’m definitely a practitioner of very upright posture, but I feel like it’s hard to keep my shoulders close to the seat back and not have the headrest pushing my chin down, which feels like it’s undoing the physical therapy and other work I’ve done to attain a healthy spine posture. I’ve been noticing a lot more neck and back issues with this car than my previous vehicle, which was a Ranger with a flat, upright bench seat. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’m wondering if anyone can tell me whether there are some older or newer headrests that will be a drop-in fix. I’ve heard the newer ones tilt, but I’d be open to older ones as well if they drop in. I don’t want to bend the existing ones; I’d prefer to store them in case I need to sell the car someday. Thanks!

·
Registered
2013 3.6R Limited
1,142 Posts
You can always remove the headrests and leave them off until you sell the vehicle.

·
Registered
10,078 Posts
There’s a post around here somewhere that someone bent the two metal rods to set the headrest at a slight back angle (can still be adjusted forward).

I never tried the Gen5 ones in the 2013, but they are about the same when installed in the Gen5 seats, so I don’t think a swap with the next model newer would help that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts