Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
I just bought a headunit from AliExpress. A Subaru outback owner from Europe purchased the same thing so I should have it installed by mid December and will let you know

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
206 Posts
do you mind sharing what you bought?
Sure thing. I picked up this model from AliExpress after some conversations with a bunch of different sellers.

What I wanted:
Larger screen
Carplay/Android auto hopefully wirelessly integrated
Steering wheel controls as if I was going to lose the knob I needed volume controls at hand
Factory usage of backup camera
And a DSP to tweak sounds so I can add a small underseat subwoofer for the focus of the bass so my new door speakers can focus on mids and highs

So I bought this brand... Sure it's pretty much copy and paste of most brands out there but this was the first with a confirmed buyer and review from someone in Europe with our gen.

Install was easy. Started at 430pm finished around 6 as I was being finicky and learned some trial and error. So really easy install.

Things noted. Need to keep starlink unit which is stacked under the head unit, still haven't found where to mount it. You need to remove the bezel of the top of the thermostat controls. This turns the 3 step take apart into a two step in which you would remove the vents second and unscrew the bottom of the thermostat controls first. Lastly is that the 2015-2017 outbacks have to have an adapter sold by crutchfield to change back up camera signal to video RCA, will be here Thursday.

Overall I like it a lot, love the sound and the tweaking. I hate the launcher but can change it. Steering wheel controls work well except with Android auto as there is a known software issue that Android auto hasn't fixed for years but it's wireless. Overall very happy with my purchase now I can have dedicated maps and music with the other device.

Was originally going with daisata as I was working with them to ship one out for $385 but I went with the confirmed purchase.

Here is also the links to the things I purchased

Headunit:
The seller was very good and fast shipping. Very communicative and detail oriented.

DSP Android 11 Car Radio Multimedia GPS Navigation Auto Stereo For Subaru Outback Legacy 2015 2016 2017 2018 Headunit DVD Player

Camera adapter for 2015-2017:
This is needed for back up camera

Let me know if you have any questions or if I can do any testings. Going to change my launcher to what I like soon enough

·
Registered
206 Posts
Great post. I’ve been looking for an Android unit and this one might fit the bill. Of the 8 purchasing options, which one did you choose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So I ended up doing the highest tier purchase as I didn't want to regret missing something later. I believe it is 6cores and 128gbs with 111gb of actual storage. The boot up time is about the same as the boot up for your stock unit. I usually turn on the car put on the seat belt and it's ready to go.

TS10 128gb, is the one I went with.

I also note that their are no brackets to hold the headunit secure other then the facia and connections of the others on top of the unit holding it in place.

I was concerned that it might move a lot, squeak, or come lose. After two days of driving on terrible pot hole filled roads or South Carolina city, there is no noise or movement.

Here is a screenshot of the one I got.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts