Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i'm new to subaru cars and just purchased a 2000 outback a few months ago with 120k original miles. I'm looking for UEL headers for the car and am coming up dry cuz nothing seems to fit by what i've been researching. Any help would be great!

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,302 Posts
there is no way to make a 2000 faster with exhaust, or intake. (if you want faster,...trade it for a EZ30 H6 car,).

if you want more noise get a different muffler.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I never said i wanted to go fast. UEL headers are for lower end torque correct? They also bring out the subaru rumble? A different muffler isn't going to bring any of that out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2000 OBW Headers

Trying again since nobody helped me before hand...I'm looking for a cheapish set of UEL headers for my 2000 OBW. I know it isn't a racecar by any means i just want the subie sound since i'll be upgrading it to do off-roading. I'm starting with exhaust because stock is too quiet. Currently have a muffler delete and will be going with a nice thrush glasspack, but i'm not sure where to start looking for headers. Will any 2.2 or 2.5l headers fit from a 00-04? Any insight would be great.

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,306 Posts

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,302 Posts
merged threads.

do not confuse UEL and equal length discussion for subaru turbos with the car you have.

it makes the subaru sound right now....not unlike subarus from 30 years ago.

there is no great easy way to make more burble or rumble.
its a EJ25 N/A engine and its not going to make any more good noise or good power or torque..

if so this forum would have long threads stating how great and easy it is buy different headers and all the great possibilities.

and guess what, searching yeilds nothing, only a couple responses from sad sacks that paid $1500 or wierd things made for turbos, cobbled onto a 2.5 N/A, and nothing to actually show for it. (...this engine has no Variable Valves or anything smart to deal with any intake or exhaust modification).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Again, really looking for the Subaru noise that's about it. I've looked up plenty of videos of OBW with UEL headers that are for non-turbo subies. Ya'll ain't much help.

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,306 Posts
Because what you're asking for doesn't really exist.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,302 Posts
Again, really looking for the Subaru noise that's about it. I've looked up plenty of videos of OBW with UEL headers that are for non-turbo subies. Ya'll ain't much help.
Naisoc, = all the answers,...

...and closing up this thread,...just nothing on the outback board concerning this. except threads just like this. about 6 times a year.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,302 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts