Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put in aftermarket headlight assemblys for my 98 Outback. It has two adjusters on the back. How do I tell which is for adjusting for low to high?
The lights are aiming too low to the ground and likely a factory setting. Also,
I have a garage to aim the lights on. Do I more or less mark a spot on the garage wall, then aim slightly higher with the adjuster? Not much good
info on the internet on this.

·
Registered
96 Legacy OBW, EJ22 swap, 2" suspension lift, 215/75r15, HIDs, 06 WRX interior swap
335 Posts
Just try them and see which one is which! Ha. While aiming at your garage just start turning one and see what happens. That's how I would determine whic is which.

As far as how high they should be mine when parked about 4 from my garage door look close to parallel with the ground (if the beam drew a line) with a slight downward angle. Also you generally want them just a touch to the right to light up sidewalks and not blind other drivers.

Since you know they need to come up a bit just raise them and go drive it and see what else needs tweaked. Trial and error adjustment.

·
Registered
'03 Outback H6-3.0 Black Granite Pearl, base model with cold weather package and cloth seats.
1,060 Posts
If you go out after dark to a flat parking lot/cove/little used road, you can open the hood, turn on the lights and see quite easily what adjusters do what, and get them close to where you think they should be aiming.

Adjust a little, sit in the driver's seat, and decide if you like where they are pointing. But don't get to aggressive about how far down the road they shine. You will get flashed by other oncoming drives if you go too far.

After a couple adjustments, you should be right on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts