Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always get a little ocd with a new vehicle especially when I look at this forum all night...why is it when you don't have projectors every car you see has projectors!

I've got a 2001, car came with a cracked front bumper still together with shipping tape, so I'm due for a bumper, looks like options are a little bleak. Searching pictures all night I noticed there are 2004 legacy gt out there with gen 3 front ends, probably just early launch overseas 2005 models, but it got me thinking if I swapped a gen 3 bumper would gen 3 headlights line up with fenders, and I don't mind a gen 3 hood scoop it needed...
Anyone have these parts for a side by side comparison?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I believe a 2004 AU Subaru is what we have for a Gen 3 in the states, so the bumper most likely won't fit very well.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Exactly. In Europe and many other countrys the gen 2 was introduced in 1999 and sold until 2003. The gen 3 came in the fall of 2003 and was produced until 2009.
So the one you are looking at is a gen 3 and it the front is defenitly not a bold on fit...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
Storkiln
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing